Monty Python's Flying Circus: 50th Anniversary Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Network) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 4, 2019 (UK) - November 12, 2019 (USA)
Purchase link: Network - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Amazon USA
Price: £100.00 (Network) - £129.99 (Amazon) - £109.99 (Zavvi) - $114.90 (Amazon USA)
Notes: Network Store removes Vat at checkout with a delivery address based outside UK

Network Website
10% discount code WHIZZOBUTTER2019
Code Valid until August 31st 2019
10% discount has been offered to customers who subscribed to our interest list. The discount is ONLY valid for this release and expires 31st August or when the limited edition sells out, whichever is the sooner

monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (1).jpg

monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (2).jpg monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (3).jpg monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition.jpg

Last edited:
Can't see this edition being in a sale ever. They must have spent serious money restoring it and need to reclaim the cost back. I suspect they will do a basic collection next year at a cheaper price for just the 4 seasons.
Network already confirmed there will be standard blu-ray edition and DVD edition next year

Thanks just wondered if it would be exclusive for the first 6 moths and then rolled out to others later.
May have to get this for my dad.

I'm curious about the holistic quality.
All the clips they show look fantastic - but those clips are all location film footage.
The lion's share of Python was shot on Videotape - and you cannot restore videotape like you can restore film.
I'd like to see a restoration clip of the video footage.

I'm curious about the holistic quality.
All the clips they show look fantastic - but those clips are all location film footage.
The lion's share of Python was shot on Videotape - and you cannot restore videotape like you can restore film.
I'd like to see a restoration clip of the video footage.

It's the Dr Who restoration team doing this so you can be sure the video footage will be overhauled to the same high standard. I'm amazed that the film footage survives at all. I wish the film footage of Classic Dr Who pre 1981 had survived....

No as per thread title and notes
Networkonair store website exclusive

If you want this limited edition box set you have to order direct from network

Standard Blu-ray and DVD edition next year will be trade wide

Thanks for this, looks like I’ll have to get from the site as my dad wants this for Xmas. As I have never heard of them is the website okay to use.ie safe? And is there anything I need to be aware of when ordering i am in the uk

Thanks for this, looks like I’ll have to get from the site as my dad wants this for Xmas. As I have never heard of them is the website okay to use.ie safe? And is there anything I need to be aware of when ordering i am in the uk
Network trade wide standard edition of season one has been announced a Digipak with 2 discs
Standard edition does not have networkonair webstore exclusive content of the limited edition boxset

Amazon UK not live yet

Trade wide standard digipak editions of season 2/3/4 will be later towards end of year/next year

Exclusive box set of Seasons 1-4 from Networkonair store is scheduled to be released in November
Network have been in business since 1997 (22 years)
Website safe to use nothing to be worried about
Network are a british distributor like Arrow Films/88 Films/Eureka etc

• Informative
Reactions: snow flake
Shame the 10% off no longer works held off ordering it and thought it was end sept lol asked if they provide another answer was no, I be one less person buying it now.

Considering the serious work and effort that has went into this set. I think the price is fair and I'm prepared to pay it.... Never thought anyone would put that much effort into a TV show shot on video tape. I have to go back to the days of the Dr Who DVD's for that level of work.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Note
The Monty Python's Flying Circus Norwegian Blu-ray Edition limited edition has all 4 Digipak editions in limited edition packaging exclusive to network website

There is 2 trade wide editions of Series 1 announced so far

Network Standard Edition of Series 1(Amaray)
71XRKgrZX6L._SY500_.jpg
£17.99

DigiPak Edition Series 1
81F6A2f8NDL._SX466_.jpg
£29.99

Trade wide releases of Digipak and Amaray edition of Series 2/3/4 will be released at a later time

Each Digipak of series 1/2/3/4 includes a book in each digipak

Amazon UK now have the Box Set

I will find out tomorrow if there will be any differences between Network Webstore release and Amazon UK release

Amazon UK
£129.99

Reactions: jasong
so network store exclusive is no more?
Still available to order from Network directly

I will find out tomorrow if network store edition has anything included that Amazon won't have

Note
If you order from Amazon UK you will get Blu-ray Discs 1080i/50

USA customers who ordered direct from Network will receive Blu-ray Discs 1080i/60

• Informative
Reactions: C.C. 95
Still available to order from Network directly

I will find out tomorrow if network store edition has anything included that Amazon won't have

Note
If you order from Amazon UK you will get Blu-ray Discs 1080i/50

USA customers who ordered direct from Network
will receive Blu-ray Discs 1080i/60
That is an important distinction. :thumbs:

1080i60 is the horizontal lines of resolution (1080) and the FIELD RATE (60 - NTSC)
1080i50 is the horizontal lines of resolution (1080) and the FIELD RATE (50 - PAL)
1080p has a frame rate of 25 frames per second for TV in PALcountries, 30/1.001 frames per second for TV in NTSC countries and 24 frames per second for cinematography. 1080i has a field rate of 50 fields per second for TV in PAL countries and 60/1.001 fields per second in NTSC countries.