Monty Python's Flying Circus: 50th Anniversary Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Network) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 4, 2019 (UK) - November 12, 2019 (USA)
Purchase link: Network - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Amazon USA
Price: £100.00 (Network) - £129.99 (Amazon) - £109.99 (Zavvi) - $114.90 (Amazon USA)
Notes: Network Store removes Vat at checkout with a delivery address based outside UK

Network Website
10% discount code WHIZZOBUTTER2019
Code Valid until August 31st 2019
10% discount has been offered to customers who subscribed to our interest list. The discount is ONLY valid for this release and expires 31st August or when the limited edition sells out, whichever is the sooner

monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (1).jpg

monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (2).jpg monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (3).jpg monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition.jpg

Last edited:
I disagree it is game changing. I have never seen Monthy Python looking good either on TV or home video. They always looked like knackered video tape. They have done serious work in bringing the show back to life and network are probably the only UK label (outside the Dr Who restoration team) that gives TV shows the respect they deserve. I would love to see them tackle Minder or Only Fools and Horses and a few other shows I could mention that deserve this type of treatment. Video tape is just that video tape and it takes serious work to upscale to HD and make it work.
agree with everything you said. watched another one last night, and i may have been a bit harsh by damning with faint praise above. :thumbs:

I love python, really looking forward to what else Network has in store for us, I just bought the German And now for something completely different mediabook so no doubt that will get a UK release soon :) I would double dip for extras though

Network keep anything they are working on very very close to their chest. It's amazing they spend 2 years on Python and none knew about it. That takes some skill. I really hope Minder uncut is on the radar with all the extras from the Umbrella sets. That would be awesome. Sorry they didn't get Hitchhitchers after the screw up the BBC made with that one...

Network keep anything they are working on very very close to their chest. It's amazing they spend 2 years on Python and none knew about it. That takes some skill. I really hope Minder uncut is on the radar with all the extras from the Umbrella sets. That would be awesome. Sorry they didn't get Hitchhitchers after the screw up the BBC made with that one...
I know it's unlikely. But I'd love to see The League of Gentlemen in better quality than we have now.

For those not aware

Network who gave you this and other great releases has ceased trading

Until we hear direct from Network, I have to assume everything is up in the air regarding any future company forming from this news. Also be interesting to see what happens with all the various rights to specific properties... I suspect there are companies out there more than happy to grab specific titles and assets....

Until we hear direct from Network, I have to assume everything is up in the air regarding any future company forming from this news. Also be interesting to see what happens with all the various rights to specific properties... I suspect there are companies out there more than happy to grab specific titles and assets....
It's already been confirmed by a few persons who work directly with network on production of their DVD and Blu-ray releases

that really sucks, a great company doing their best to restore and maintain loads of old series and films. :thumbs:

i own a good chunk of Network releases, this and "The Prisoner" being by far the best. :drool:

loads of stuff they restored is not in any way for me, but the fact they were doing for those who might want that was always great. sort of like Eureka! but for British TV and films. they will be sadly missed by me. :(

I will never understand Monty Python...
You are not alone, I suspect. But here in the UK, the Pythons are still gods.

Anyway, this is indeed sad news. I do hope it's not a sign of things to come. There's an awful lot of (nostalgic) content out there that is literally going to disappear if work like this isn't kept up.

You are not alone, I suspect. But here in the UK, the Pythons are still gods.

Anyway, this is indeed sad news. I do hope it's not a sign of things to come. There's an awful lot of (nostalgic) content out there that is literally going to disappear if work like this isn't kept up.
And I've just noticed a lot of their titles regardless if it's on amazon or zavvi the prices are shooting up....

Ah that sucks, I don't have many Network releases but what I do have are fantastic. Hope all those people affected find new employment somewhere else.
Also will titles that were announced or in progress be taken up by other labels. Will we get more Sweeney?. Saber of London and so on. A lot of superb stuff that I hope doesn't bite the dust. My bet is on fabulous....