Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 4, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon UK
Price: £29.99 - £39.99

81F6A2f8NDL__SX466_.jpg

Last edited:
81F6A2f8NDL__SX466_.jpg

MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING CIRCUS FULLY RESTORED IN HIGH DEFINITION FOR THE FIRST TIME!

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of a genuinely iconic series, we present Monty Python's Flying Circus as nature intended! This ground-up restoration has been produced from the best available materials, painstakingly restored, and garnished with larks' vomit...

Previously edited sketches have been returned to their original length while filmed sketch sequences and Terry Gilliam's animations have been newly scanned in High Definition, adding unimaginable depth and clarity to some classic moments.

From the archive come genuine rarities including previously unseen studio outtakes and extended versions of filmed sketch material, making this the ultimate in television restoration and a must-have for every generation of Python fan!

SERIES ONE FEATURES:
Sex and Violence: reinstated content, studio outtakes
Full Frontal Nudity: studio outtakes
The Ant, an Introduction: studio outtakes
Untitled: extended Ron Obvious filmed material and clean end titles footage

Series 2/3/4
I expect will be released in 2020

This don't have the exclusive contents of Networkonair Box set of Series 1-4 that been released in November

@paulboland
Is this somehow connected to NetworkOnAir's restoration?
This is network release it's the trade wide standard edition release of season 1

Standard edition digipak release of seasons 2/3/4 will be later

Same digipack of season 1 that's in the network store exclusive box set below but does not include the exclusive items from that box set

Networkonair store exclusive Monty Python's Flying Circus Norwegian Blu-ray Edition
monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: snow flake
This is network release it's the trade wide standard edition release of season 1

Standard edition digipak release of seasons 2/3/4 will be later

Same digipack of season 1 that's in the network store exclusive box set below but does not include the exclusive items from that box set

Networkonair store exclusive Monty Python's Flying Circus Norwegian Blu-ray Edition
View attachment 446649
O.k - I didn't notice that this was Network as well.
So these are just the single series editions. Gotcha.

@C.C. 95
Digipak includes a book on series 1

Each Digipak of series 1/2/3/4 includes a book

There is also a standard edition Amaray edition of each series

The Monty Python's Flying Circus Norwegian Blu-ray Edition limited edition has all 4 Digipak editions in limited edition packaging

Network Standard Edition of Series 1(Amaray)
71XRKgrZX6L._SY500_.jpg
£17.99

DigiPak Edition Series 1
81F6A2f8NDL._SX466_.jpg
£29.99

And for those who haven't been paying attention, up now on amazon pre-order "Edge of Darkness" remastered from the original film elements and Fawlty Towers on blu-ray Film elements do exist for Fawlty Towers so it's possible they are included.

And for those who haven't been paying attention, up now on amazon pre-order "Edge of Darkness" remastered from the original film elements and Fawlty Towers on blu-ray Film elements do exist for Fawlty Towers so it's possible they are included.
I pre ordered Fawlty Towers yesterday as soon as it went live
I have known about since last week when I was looking up upcoming blu-ray releases on Amazon UK

I pre ordered Fawlty Towers yesterday as soon as it went live
I have known about since last week when I was looking up upcoming blu-ray releases on Amazon UK

My only worry is we'll get the same team that did HGTTG. That one was awful