Release date: June 8th, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk - £14.00
Base.com - £11.99
Zavvi.com - £15.99

11095887-8334279789330848.jpg

11095887-1564279789339029.jpg

Last edited:
Now we're talking I hope that they follow this up with Holy Grail , if they do I will be one happy little Ninja:)

Just saw the other post fr Grail, very happy

I'd like to think that my purchasing of Monty Python's The Meaning of Life contributed to these announcements for The Holy Grail and Life of Brian...

Probably not, but still, so far The Meaning of Life is the only Zavvi steelbook that I've bought in 2015 (though Training Day is due to arrive this week), and I did so knowing it'd be a long shot to see the others getting the same treatment (given that it wasn't announced at the same time), glad to see these pop up now!

Love this film, my favourite of the pythons but I'm not keen on that artwork. Something don't look right to me and not as good looking as the other 2

IMO there are 3 MP steels released and 2 now upcoming...

I mean the 3 that are zavvi exclusives, this, the holy grail and the meaning of life which has already been released.
I'm guessing you also mean time bandits which was released by arrow and not sure what the 5th is you have mentioned

It's a shame "And Now For Something Completely Different" didn't get announced as well. Personally I prefer it to The Meaning of Life (they're both essentially a collection of comedy sketches).

I mean the 3 that are zavvi exclusives, this, the holy grail and the meaning of life which has already been released.
I'm guessing you also mean time bandits which was released by arrow and not sure what the 5th is you have mentioned

Brazil is also released as steelbook. tho not sure if it counts as MP film ...

Time Bandits is not a Monty Python film but was produced, and directed by Terry Gilliam, and was Written by Terry Gilliam and Michael Palin and stared Michael Palin and John Cleese but its not a Monty Python film
Time Bandits its part of Trilogy of Imagination series consisting of Time Bandits/Brazil/The Adventures of Baron Munchausen directed by Terry Gilliam but are not connected to Monty Python series of films

Monty Python Films
And Now for Something Completely Different 1971
Monty Python and the Holy Grail 1975
Monty Python's Life of Brian 1979
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life 1983

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: WKRP
Brazil is also released as steelbook. tho not sure if it counts as MP film ...

Nah Brazil is not a MP film

Time Bandits is not a Monty Python film but was produced, and directed by Terry Gilliam, and was Written by Terry Gilliam and Michael Palin and stared Michael Palin and John Cleese but its not a Monty Python film
Time Bandits its part of Trilogy of Imagination series consisting of Time Bandits/Brazil/The Adventures of Baron Munchausen directed by Terry Gilliam but are not connected to Monty Python series of films

Monty Python Films
And Now for Something Completely Different 1971
Monty Python and the Holy Grail 1975
Monty Python's Life of Brian 1979
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life 1983

I was only filling in the gap for the 5 films that nefilim mentioned and time bandits sprung to mind

See I do consider time bandits a MP film just not official. I know it's not but to me it kinda is. Yeah I know Gilliam made it but I also don't see time bandits and Brazil as part of a trilogy one little bit. Gilliam has a certain sense of style which he uses in every film but I don't seem that as a trilogy. Unless you mean a trilogy of films he made with a certain idea like the cornetto trilogy kind of thing.