Everywhere
Release date: April 26, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6499335_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550.jpeg

Credit to HanShotFirst over at BD

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how anybody keeps giving him money to make these movies. I admit I haven't seen Moonfall.
I've seen a couple comments about how the only movie of his they like is The Day After Tomorrow.

People don't like Independence Day?
It's OK, but I had a real problem with the mac interface on the ship and one of the characters (Goldblum's?) going from drinking a fifth of booze to be completely sober almost instantly. I think I have a DVD copy of it and do recall some really nice bass (esp when they show a satellite passing near the beginning). I guess I'd make it my 2nd favorite of his, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.

It's OK, but I had a real problem with the mac interface on the ship and one of the characters (Goldblum's?) going from drinking a fifth of booze to be completely sober almost instantly. I think I have a DVD copy of it and do recall some really nice bass (esp when they show a satellite passing near the beginning). I guess I'd make it my 2nd favorite of his, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.

No, that was Randy Quaid not Goldblum but that was the way his whole character was throughout the movie. Comic relief kind of thing. So I'm guessing that you didn't see this in the theatre when it was released in 1996.

It was a huge hit at the time and it really makes a difference to see a movie around the time of its release so I can understand if it's not the same for people seeing it later.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
No, that was Randy Quaid not Goldblum but that was the way his whole character was throughout the movie. Comic relief kind of thing. So I'm guessing that you didn't see this in the theatre when it was released in 1996.

It was a huge hit at the time and it really makes a difference to see a movie around the time of its release so I can understand if it's not the same for people seeing it later.
I'm not sure, but my guess is I did not. I def saw it whenever it first came out on DVD (98?). It's a hell of a lot better than Armageddon. I first saw it on DVD and was shocked by just how awful it was. I've been skeptical of Michael Bay films ever since (and have generally avoided them).

So I'm guessing that you didn't see this in the theatre when it was released in 1996.

It was one of the first movies I've seen upon moving to US from UK, was the end of August, and it was still in theaters (the great Odeon Cinema at Century Plaza, the triangle towers that get blown up in Fight Club), and I went at least 3 times, and had two posters up and an 18 inch alien action figure.

Reactions: Stygian
I'm not sure, but my guess is I did not. I def saw it whenever it first came out on DVD (98?). It's a hell of a lot better than Armageddon. I first saw it on DVD and was shocked by just how awful it was. I've been skeptical of Michael Bay films ever since (and have generally avoided them).

Loved Armageddon in the theatre a few times when it was released. Great cast and I thought it had a lot of great humour.

OOhh I like that art. Can’t wait to watch this.
You just know it’s going to be a hot mess over the top visual feast

Imo he’s a bad director. For the majority of the films anyway. But he knows and does ridiculous bat sh!t destruction well which is why some of them are guilty pleasures. My favourites: stargate (genuinely his best film), the day after tomorrow and 2012.

Loved Godzilla and Independence Day as a kid but can’t stand them now. The sequel and 10,000 BC are probably his worst films tho

OOhh I like that art. Can’t wait to watch this.
You just know it’s going to be a hot mess over the top visual feast

Imo he’s a bad director. For the majority of the films anyway. But he knows and does ridiculous bat sh!t destruction well which is why some of them are guilty pleasures. My favourites: stargate (genuinely his best film), the day after tomorrow and 2012.

Loved Godzilla and Independence Day as a kid but can’t stand them now. The sequel and 10,000 BC are probably his worst films tho
I have to say I agree with everything you said there, I would put stargate separate from the others as it is truly a good movie and The Day after Tomorrow is one of my favourite guilty pleasures. If it’s a particularly cold day or if it has snowed then it goes on straight away :)

I am looking forward to this though I’m sure it won’t be great :naughty:

I have to say I agree with everything you said there, I would put stargate separate from the others as it is truly a good movie and The Day after Tomorrow is one of my favourite guilty pleasures. If it’s a particularly cold day or if it has snowed then it goes on straight away :)

I am looking forward to this though I’m sure it won’t be great :naughty:
Stargate was just OK for me, though a college buddy who convinced me to go, thought it was great. Maybe if I watched it again, I’d change my mind. As for Day after Tomorrow, I’m just waiting for it to get a 4k release, though I‘m really tempted to just stream it on Prime (assuming they still have it).

Stargate was just OK for me, though a college buddy who convinced me to go, thought it was great. Maybe if I watched it again, I’d change my mind. As for Day after Tomorrow, I’m just waiting for it to get a 4k release, though I‘m really tempted to just stream it on Prime (assuming they still have it).
Day after Tomorrow

That's a Fox film now with Disney so a 4K UHD release don't expect to see this happen soon if at all

As with most of Fox films back catalogue disney have not been doing much in regards to 4K UHD releases

New films from 20 Century Studios yes getting 4K UHD releases but not with 20th Century Fox back catalogue

Fox back catalogue is now mostly for Disney+

Day after Tomorrow is on Disney+ in Europe as part of the Star hub

Day after Tomorrow

That's a Fox film now with Disney so a 4K UHD release don't expect to see this happen soon if at all

As with most of Fox films back catalogue disney have not been doing much in regards to 4K UHD releases

New films from 20 Century Studios yes getting 4K UHD releases but not with 20th Century Fox back catalogue

Fox back catalogue is now mostly for Disney+

Day after Tomorrow is on Disney+ in Europe as part of the Star hub
It's their loss. I only sub to Disney for a month every 12-18 months. I watch whatever new shows they have and cancel. No need to watch movies, because if I'm interested I already own them, but in this case, it's streaming on HBO Max (for now). I guess I may give it a watch there if 4K isn't going to happen :(

edit: it may be streaming on Amazon and Apple too.

Group buy is sold out for now, if anyone needs help, please contact me sooner rather than later and I can add a few more to the group buy.