[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Moonfall

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Roland Emmerich

Plot: A space crew travels to the moon after it's struck by an asteroid and is sent on a collision course with Earth.

Halle Berry to Star in Roland Emmerich’s Space Epic ‘Moonfall’

The actress will star alongside Josh Gad in “Moonfall,” a sci-fi space epic from director Roland Emmerich.

“Moonfall” centers on a mysterious force knocking the moon from its orbit around Earth, which sends it hurtling on a collision course with life as we know it. In response, a ragtag team launches an impossible last-ditch mission into space to land on the lunar surface and save Earth from annihilation.

Berry will play a NASA astronaut-turned-administrator, whose previous space mission holds a clue about an impending catastrophe. Gad will portray a scientific genius who has correctly concluded that the moon has fallen out of its orbit. Emmerich will direct the movie from a script he penned with his “2012” co-writer Harald Kloser and Spenser Cohen.

Lionsgate plans to release the movie in 2021 and has slated for production to begin this fall in Montreal, pending safety measures around the coronavirus pandemic.

via Variety

Ngl, I'm well up for this. Looks great visually. I love an over the top disaster movie especially from Roland (well some of his)

Was literally wondering earlier when the next one will be

="It's pretty lame that the trailer already shows that the moon is supposed to be some kind of alien spaceship, they should have left that footage out of the trailer imo"

Watched this last night; was all a bit trash really!

Such a shame because it could have been really great, and the visuals were awesome, but the story and acting were outright terrible.

For a film that had over 2 hours to play with, the story felt extremely rushed, there were plot holes left, right and centre, and it was just such an odd mixture of actors that there was no really chemistry, at times kinda awkward.

…and it’s been left open to sequels… :cautious:

Also just watched it, after wasting two evenings plowing through 5 hours of Oscars crap (and that's without ads, don't know how I watched that for 7 hours straight live 20 years ago).
Everything seems very cheap, like a TV movie of the week, a Sci-Fi 'special'. Lots of 'green screen', everything happens in small groups of people in small locations, with bad, obvious visual effects. Like a 15 year old TV series, low quality. It does feel rushed, none of the predicaments feel important. Similar altercations were done better in Dante's Peak, Volcano, and War of the Worlds.
But... I haven't felt that excitement and awe, that I felt here during the last 40 or so minutes, for a long time, because I haven't watched any trailers, and didn't have it spoiled.
There's so much more than can be done with all they revealed and showed. Maybe exactly in the format of a TV series.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database