More from Vizio

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Vizio is ready to bring more to the table!

vizio_connected_062309.jpg

Sure VIZIO only just showed off new updates in its high end XVT series, but it's already planning the next generation of LCDs with VIZIO Internet Apps included. Packing widget functionality, 802.11n wireless networking and slider QWERTY Bluetooth remote, the SV422XVT, SV472XVT and VF552XVT Connected HDTVs are coming home in November, October and December, respectively. Already on deck to serve up content for your widgets are Vudu, Twitter Revision3, Facebook, Twitter, Rhapsody, Blockbuster OnDemand, Showtime, Flickr and more. The biggest surprise? There's apparently no price premium planned for these features, with the 55-inch clocking in at the same $2,199 price as the model it's replacing, though the 47-inch jumps $200 over the previous edition to $1,699, while adding the local dimming LED backlit technology previously reserved for the 55-inch. The 42-inch will be the first and cheapest available at $1,199 -- we'll see if that bar is low enough to get viewers to jump into the internet-connected display future.

Source: Engadget HD

I am not a fan of Vizio, but this whole application stuff looks very interesting!

Well for people who aren't willing to fork out $3000 and above for a TV these are decent entry TVs. I don't like the picture quality, but you get what you pay for. Certainly these applications integrated to the TV sound like a cool thing to have! I really hope other companies take this and add it to their sets hopefully it doesn't drive the quality of the set down.

I didnt mean nothing by it, just meant you may want to comment in there since you inspired me to get mine hahaaha ... I was like *LIGHTBULB* NOW THATS A GOOD IDEA! :oohyeah:

hey, just a quik note. Recently i bought my daughter a 42 inch Vizio that has 240hz. I brought her a couple blu rays to watch, Star Trek, Gi Joe, Zombieland. She called me a few days later to tell me that the picture on her tv was awesome. Forgot to mention, i also gave her a Samsung Blu ray player, Home theatre combo. She was impressed at the scenes in Gi Joe, not so much the story, but the action scenes she said blew her away.
On another note, about Vizio, didnt see it posted or mentioned here, but in August, Vizio is coming out with a 72 inch 3D Led 480hz Tv, that is what i am waiting for :D

hey, just a quik note. Recently i bought my daughter a 42 inch Vizio that has 240hz. I brought her a couple blu rays to watch, Star Trek, Gi Joe, Zombieland. She called me a few days later to tell me that the picture on her tv was awesome. Forgot to mention, i also gave her a Samsung Blu ray player, Home theatre combo. She was impressed at the scenes in Gi Joe, not so much the story, but the action scenes she said blew her away.
On another note, about Vizio, didnt see it posted or mentioned here, but in August, Vizio is coming out with a 72 inch 3D Led 480hz Tv, that is what i am waiting for :D

:oohyeah: I was going to put their 55 inch in the basement once we get it done, but I'd be more than happy to go with this one!