Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
3.25 star(s) Rating: 3.25/5 8 Votes
Title: Mortal Kombat

Genre: Fantasy, Action, Adventure

Director: Simon McQuoid

Cast: Joel Edgerton

Release: 2021-23-04

Plot: Plot unknown. Feature film based on the popular video game.

James Wan-Produced ‘Mortal Kombat’ Movie is Finally Happening, With Simon McQuoid Directing!

It was announced a couple years back that James Wan would be producing a new Mortal Kombat feature film, but needless to say, Wan has been pretty busy since then. We were beginning to wonder if the project was ever going to get off the ground, but today a press release issued over in Australia lets us know that production is finally getting ready to begin!

New Line Cinema’s “epic action film” Mortal Kombat will film in Adelaide, Australia, the press release informs us, with Simon McQuoid on board to direct. Production is set to kick off later this year on the film, which will be McQuoid’s feature directorial debut.

“Mortal Kombat is a bold cinematic adventure based on the blockbuster videogame franchise,” the press release hypes.

South Australia’s Premier Stephen Marshall says, “Mortal Kombat will be the largest film production in South Australia’s history.”

The current screenplay was written by Greg Russo. Todd Garner produces alongside Wan, with Larry Kasanoff, E. Bennett Walsh, Michael Clear and Sean Robins executive producing.

You can read the full press release below.

View attachment 426920

via Bloody Disgusting

Fan edits by Boss Logic...

kode-lgx-baraka.jpgkode-lgx-cagexx.jpgkode-lgx-cagexxx.jpgkode-lgx-donnieczx.jpgkode-lgx-dtr8fjhjxeg2mz-38exg-gxv1j8xzx-up.jpgkode-lgx-jax-crews.jpgkode-lgx-kabaxzx.jpgkode-lgx-kangxx.jpgkode-lgx-kano.jpgkode-lgx-kenzx.jpg

Joe Taslim to Star as Sub-Zero
Source: ComingSoon
joetaslim-768x432.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter brings word that Joe Taslim will be starring as Sub-Zero in New Line’s Mortal Kombat live-action adaptation of the popular video game. Taslim is an actor and martial artist who has previously appeared in Fast & Furious 6, Star Trek beyond, Hit & Run, and the TV series Warrior.

Reactions: Drum18
Just see the photos and I know it’s just photos and I’ll hold my judgement until I see how it looks in the trailer but the images feel a bit TV movie for me. A bit budgety/ b movie but man I hope I’m wrong

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database