Most Respected Platinums

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This thread is for everyone to chime in with what they think is a respected platinum.

I will update the OP accordingly and we can continue a list.

Warhawk
Battlefield Bad Company
Socom Confrontation
Wipeout HD
Unreal Tournament 3
Red Faction Guerrilla
Sacred 2

Feel free to contest anyone's claim to a respected platinum and if their defense of said game is good enough, it enters the list.

Typically, respected Platinums are of games that take at the very least 1 month to complete at bare minimum IMO.

What are your standards?

Last edited:
Well I'm nearing the completion of my UT3 platinum. It has taken me months so far, with a few of the trophies in the game. Now I'm at 82% and I'm gonna achieve that goal within the end of the month or sooner.

Well I'm nearing the completion of my UT3 platinum. It has taken me months so far, with a few of the trophies in the game. Now I'm at 82% and I'm gonna achieve that goal within the end of the month or sooner.

Good work Nerdkiller...I've had UT3 for a while but I haven't been motivated to work at all of those trophies. I have to start playing that again, fun stuff.:)

Good work Nerdkiller...I've had UT3 for a while but I haven't been motivated to work at all of those trophies. I have to start playing that again, fun stuff.:)
Well be careful when going for those trophies when playing the campaign on insane difficulty. Akasha is a total b*tch at the end of the game. Also, theres the 20 kills without dying against a godlike bot.

Well be careful when going for those trophies when playing the campaign on insane difficulty. Akasha is a total b*tch at the end of the game. Also, theres the 20 kills without dying against a godlike bot.

When I read the list of trophies, those two stuck out immediately. Most of the other ones are just time consuming, but not insanely difficult.

At least it is possible to platinum UT3 within a reasonable amount of time.

I think it'll take me a good 5 years before I platinum Warhawk.:p

I threw in RFG ... not only is it a ***** to try and get the 104 of 104 guerrilla actions but you gotta also destory 150 edf crates 100 prop. and get all 300 ores mined.

Most games have you collect all of 1 thing for a trophy but right there alone is 4 different time consuming objects... not to mention all the hidden *name escapes me* things that unlock those talking diaries.

Then the MP trophies are a definite grind too that will take months just to complete those. There is something glitchy with the Gactions that Im going through right now with RFG but Ive seen some plats ... but even without it being glitchy, its a definite grind for platinum on this game.

i'd say sacred 2... I hear it takes about 150 hours to get. That's dedication.

I've got that one, and it took me 148.5 hours.... and you don't automatically get it for level grinding either, some of the trophies take some skill as well.

I'm pretty impressed by the Disgaea 3 and Demon's Souls platinums right now. I'm working towards Disgaea 3 but it's really tough. I'll know just how hard Demon's Souls is when my copy gets here on Oct. 6th!

I respect W@W platinum as well. Anyone who can go through Veteran deserves respect. I also see alot of trophy whores dont even bother with W@W. Scared. :p

I'd say W@W too for the on-line stuff. The campaign isn't bad. I'm playing veteran and it's just time consuming. You just have to learn the enemy routes and prepare accordingly.

I'd add Demon's Souls to the list... but I think i'm the only one with it right now... so IDK if I just suck or what.