Movie Mylar Thread - Anyone Buy these? Post deals or help others in HERE!

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Ok so some of you may be asking what is a mylar?

Well I somewhat got into them like perhaps 6 months ago. So here's what I know about them and why I purchase them etc.

A mylar can come in like 3 different sizes ... they are the movie signs you normally see when you
a) Purchase a ticket at the box office and look up for the times.
b) Look down the hallway to see which theater is showing the movie you are trying to see.

Typically they are "DS" aka Double Sided. Many people collect DS posters and while those are cool too in their own right they tend to cost more and are bulky etc. While sure one day as my man-cave/home theater grows I will showcase a few of those on the wall ... but for the time being and for the future the mylars will still be able to be showcased.

With popular movies, its smart to snatch up the mylar pretty fast as its very rare to see some one come and off-load a bunch on ebay of very popular movies. Many theaters throw these away too so they can end up quite rare depending on the title.

Here is how to search for them on ebay ....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=movie+mylar&_ipg=200&rt=nc

Some Look Like This: (Not my pics)
mylar.jpg

And here is a Movie Mylar Light Box ....

There's about 3 diff size mylars and this seller sells one mylar displays or 3x mylar displays ... just depends.

dead.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Movie-Mylar...426?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c26205512

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Movie-Mylar...601?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0d5e8931

For those that buy these or want to start/and or help others SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cinema of Horror
Yeah I probably have close to 30 myself. Got The Dark Knight Rises recently ... its very nice. I plan to buy a display just like the one showing off the Dawn of the Dead and change out the mylar every so often ... probably put a horror movie during October.

My Mylars:

DSCN2850.jpg

DSCN2852.JPG

DSCN2853.jpg

DSCN2855.JPG

I got these as extras in a "lot" I bought ... I dont want these, if people want em' just pay the shipping. (the ones in the pics below this comment)

DSCN2857.jpg

DSCN2858.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Thanks for letting us know Wreck. Wasn't aware these existed.

If I will buy one I would definitely want a that light box too.

Pretty sure it will be hard to get some older ones now. I imagine it would be a real pain to get one for Memento.

Thanks for letting us know Wreck. Wasn't aware these existed.

If I will buy one I would definitely want a that light box too.

Pretty sure it will be hard to get some older ones now. I imagine it would be a real pain to get one for Memento.

Yeah you just gotta keep an eye out. Sometimes every so often someone will pop up on ebay and sell like 30 at a time ... and those auctions go for like $25-40 ... so people who do that are definitely losing instead of listing individually but obviously saving themselves time. I've caught some good ones that way. Also I've had people throw in extras I never even bought as they clear out. I got Fight Club (really old!) and Star Wars that way as I just bought Blade ... so that was a nice surprise.

There definitely worth it for anyone who has a home theater or plans to have one at anytime in their life. Cause if you miss out on some, then many times you'll never see it pop up. I've never seen one for Inglourious Basterds and been looking for about a year.

Shame about Inglorious Basterds but on the other hand good job with getting Book Of Eli!

Hope you will get IB one day so your collection will be even more complete :naughty:

Yeah its great, love mine. I bought one those remote clickers from wal-mart and so I can remotely turn my off and on.

Reactions: 93Cobra
I have some Mylar's that I'm trying to trade. I have large and small ones.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,889
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,205
Reactions: Wreck
Looking for large 25x5 movie mylars for the remake of "Nightmare on elm street
remake of "Friday the 13th ,
"Jeepers creepers ,
remake of "Texas Chainsaw Masacre
If anyone knows where i can find any of these please let me know, thanks :)