Movies made by alternative Directors

Kosm

White Tulip
Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2019
If you could go back in time, before your favourite movie came out and you could choose any director to make it, what movie would it be and which director?

My choice would be Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace Directed by Steven Spielberg

If you could go back in time, before your favourite movie came out and you could choose any director to make it, what movie would it be and which director?

My choice would be Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace Directed by Steven Spielberg
Good shout! :thumbs:

Although I thoroughly enjoyed The Last Jedi, I would rather Abrams directed it... he set up the trilogy nicely with The Force Awakens IMO, and Johnson kinda undid all of his work. So I would loved to have seen what JJ would've done differently... I imagine it would've gone in a totally different direction that many fans would've preferred.

Reactions: Kosm
Good shout! :thumbs:

Although I thoroughly enjoyed The Last Jedi, I would rather Abrams directed it... he set up the trilogy nicely with The Force Awakens IMO, and Johnson kinda undid all of his work. So I would loved to have seen what JJ would've done differently... I imagine it would've gone in a totally different direction that many fans would've preferred.

Yeah what J.J did with the F.A was brilliant. I have to say that what RJ did with TLJ was brave in some places but it really began to feel like a Disney movie, which I do not like. I understand Disney own the rights, but to me Star Wars has never meant to be "disneyfied". Also i felt the CGI was used way more in TLJ, which is what J.J Abrams set out to avoid in TFA.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Yeah what J.J did with the F.A was brilliant. I have to say that what RJ did with TLJ was brave in some places but it really began to feel like a Disney movie, which I do not like. I understand Disney own the rights, but to me Star Wars has never meant to be "disneyfied". Also i felt the CGI was used way more in TLJ, which is what J.J Abrams set out to avoid in TFA.
Yep, I agree with you 100%! A lot of TLJ reminded me of the prequel trilogy to be honest, which I've never been a huge fan of.

American Psycho would be directed by David Fincher.

Don't know why a woman director was choose for that.The final result would have been much better :smuggrin:

Batman Forever directed by Alex Proyas.

Schumacher was the wrong choice to continue on from Burton. Sure, the two movies were financially successful but Alex Proyas had just come off The Crow which is tonally similar if even darker than Burton's Batman & I firmly believe that if he was given the reigns it would have gone in a better, darker direction.
You might have even seen the likes of Knightfall or The Long Halloween adapted properly for the big screen.

Reactions: C.C. 95
As soon as I finished watching CRIMSON PEAK, and the credits were rolling - I just said to myself "If there was a time machine - Guillermo Del Toro was THE guy to take over Batman after Tim Burton." His aesthetic in that movie would have fit Burton's Gothic Batman universe perfectly.
(This is to take nothing away from the greatness of the Nolan Dark Knight. They are two different Batman universes).

* @Strangerbyday - I did not even see your post before I posted mine :LOL:.
Proyas also had a genius that would have been great. Dark City is stone cold masterpiece ahead of its time.:thumbs:

I would pay good money to have seen David Lynch's RETURN OF THE JEDI.
(I would have loved to hear the negotiations between him and Lucas. Despite his record - Lucas was quite the avant garde film rebel like Lynch before he started making Star Wars)

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
Another one on the list.

Would loooooooove to see Prometheus directed by Denis Villeneuve.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Ridders with all my heart by Denis is the new kid on the block. let him strut his stuff

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
Proyas also had a genius that would have been great. Dark City is stone cold masterpiece ahead of its time.:thumbs:
*cough* The Crow *cough*

on topic:
Batman Forever / Batman & Robin by Tim Burton ...the Batman movies need that dark, dirty and gothic style.
Avengers 3 & 4 by Joss Whedon ...havent seen Endgame yet, but Infinity War feels so different.

*cough* The Crow *cough*

on topic:
Batman Forever / Batman & Robin by Tim Burton ...the Batman movies need that dark, dirty and gothic style.
Avengers 3 & 4 by Joss Whedon ...havent seen Endgame yet, but Infinity War feels so different.
The Crow is great (but Not without a few flaws) - Dark City was his masterpiece, and The Crow was the dress rehearsal.

The Crow is great (but Not without a few flaws) - Dark City was his masterpiece, and The Crow was the dress rehearsal.
tenor.gif

every movie has flaws ...the perfect film doesnt exist.