Movies that remain unreleased / have no blu-ray release so far?

WaxWeazle

Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2018
Was wondering if I'm the only one that has at least one movie that remains unreleased completely up until this point (as far as I can find) and that I would love to see released;
Captain EO!

Also still awaiting a Blu-ray release of The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air...

Are there movies (or TV-shows?) that you're still waiting for?
There's enough steelbooks I would love to see pop up from certain movies but purely released/blu ray released, Captain EO is the only one I can think of so far...
I would include older Godzilla movies but those are kind of available in Blu ray... I've got a blu ray box with 10 movies in it, except the subtitles have been kind of rushed like crazy it seems because the translations are often... ****.

True Lies is the one I think most people are waiting for. If that was ever released on blu-ray...and in a steelbook with the poster art?
That would be awesome.

Also I would like to see Light Of Day on blu-ray...since it has never even been released on DVD in North America.

True Lies is the one I think most people are waiting for. If that was ever released on blu-ray...and in a steelbook with the poster art?
That would be awesome.

Also I would like to see Light Of Day on blu-ray...since it has never even been released on DVD in North America.

Above all others; The Abyss.

Well.. For True Lies and The Abyss, I can see this...
https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/...ll-true-lies-and-the-abyss-bluray-bound/43225

So who knows? :p

War of the Worlds 1954. It's been remastered and still no blu-ray release! Also The Day of the Triffids 1962. It's also been remastered but no release
Oooh did not know that War of the Worlds wasn't released on Blu Ray! Was looking forward to actually picking that up at some point and seeing it for the first time... Sometimes it just makes you wonder why we didn't get a blu ray of it already... :/

For the record they just spend 2 years restoring War of the Worlds and removing all the wires (as that's the way it was meant to be with the original technicolor prints ) and the optics were tidied up as well. So it'll be interesting to see who releases it 1st. My bet is a European release.

Reactions: WaxWeazle
It'll happen. You always get someone who says "Physical media is dead, it'll be downloads only" and then low and behold you get the blu-ray or 4k disc..... There are so many blu-rays and 4k's coming out I really have to ration these days which ones I buy!

Also still awaiting a Blu-ray release of The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air...
I'm also waiting for this. I've watched most of the show but i know i didnt see every single episode. If it ever released on BD, I'd definitely get it! I'd also love to see the original Dragon Ball (anime) series on Bluray.

cc @tridon @C.C. 95 I know you guys have a few titles you'd like to see on Bluray.

I'm also waiting for this. I've watched most of the show but i know i didnt see every single episode. If it ever released on BD, I'd definitely get it! I'd also love to see the original Dragon Ball (anime) series on Bluray.

cc @tridon @C.C. 95 I know you guys have a few titles you'd like to see on Bluray.

My big wants are the usual ones that I have every single year: What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, The Abyss, True Lies, Titan A.E., Small Soldiers, The Village, Mr. Holland’s Opus, and Mystery, Alaska.

And then I also want to see Buffy’s complete series on Blu-ray, but with Disney buying Fox this year, I doubt that’ll ever happen now.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
My big wants are the usual ones that I have every single year: What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, The Abyss, True Lies, Titan A.E., Small Soldiers, The Village, Mr. Holland’s Opus, and Mystery, Alaska.

And then I also want to see Buffy’s complete series on Blu-ray, but with Disney buying Fox this year, I doubt that’ll ever happen now.
Wait... Buffy was never released on blu ray? Seriously? That's ridiculous... I haven't ever watched the show but I mean it's surely big enough with a shitton of followers...

Dynasty season 1 (the new reboot on The CW), Buffy the Vampire Slayer the complete series, Angel the complete series, and if I'm talking in my own region (US) I wish Black Christmas (the remake) would get released on blu-ray. It got the HD DVD treatment and no such luck since. I know the Canadian blu-ray exists but it's OOP and goes for insane prices when it does pop up. I caved and bought the German edition blu-ray but I'd like a proper US release, maybe by someone like Arrow or Shout Factory.

Above all others; The Abyss.

Who knows, we might even get a Steelbook if it finally hits Blu Ray! wouldn't be surprised about that :)

Another thing I hate... HD versions of movies/shows that are available ONLINE but not physically.
So... These are the first ones I thought of!

51Ml5XhRk9L._SY445_.jpg

MV5BMGY1NjdiMmItMmE5MS00NjllLWJmM2ItMmU1ZTRjMWYyZjc4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjA0MDQ0Mjc@._V1_.jpg

Small Soldiers is already available on Blu Ray here and also in Germany for some time....