Movies You Wish Had Sequels

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
7-sequels-we-are-still-waiting-to-see-866493.jpg

TRON: Legacy - There is just no reason not to, especially given some of the rubbish that Disney has brought out. (Looking at you John Carter)

Dredd - No explanation needed.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - I actually really enjoy this film. I like the characters, gadgets, story. I never really understood the hate. Maybe it would require a reboot to be successful, but with those kind of characters, how can you not want to try again.

Christine - The hint is there. You saw it move right? While I love the original movie and part of me thinks it should be left as a single movie, the idea of more Christine with hopefully more of John Carpenters musical score is an exciting one.

Reactions: C.C. 95
The Rocketeer
Hancock
Pulp Fiction: Beg for this, actually.
Silverado
Galaxy Quest: Which will never happen now. And shouldn't.

I'm sure there are more. But these come to mind.

Strange you should mention Chevy Chase. I watched one of his films the other day with the commentary on. He comes across as a very decent, regular guy, tongue-in-cheek, also self-depricating. In the commentary he actually rails against people who play the star system.
Besides, isn't Kevin Smith actually a bit of a d*ck. Anyone who has seen some of his online film reviews cannot fail to cringe.
:hilarious::thumbs:

The Rocketeer
Hancock
Pulp Fiction: Beg for this, actually.
Silverado
Galaxy Quest: Which will never happen now. And shouldn't.

I'm sure there are more. But these come to mind.
A Rocketeer sequel has been discussed recently. But they want to (I kid you not) make the new Rocketeer a Black Female (when will the PC stuff end?).
And QT has always taklked about doing the Vic & Vincent Vega movie - which is the closest thing we will ever get to a Pulp Fiction sequel....but it'll never happen since he wants to end his after a few more films.

Master and Commander. I think there is plenty of material left in the novels by O'Brian that could be used for a sequel. Peter Weir was uninterested unlike Russell Crowe. It's been suspiciously quiet for several years and unlikely to ever reach fruition as a project. Certainly one helmed by Weir.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Tron Legacy absolutely needs a sequel.
I'd like a John Carter sequel too and maybe Valerian.

I nearly always go with the same answer to this;

The Phantom. Love the character & love the way Billy Zane portrayed him. Could have been a lot more done with it!