Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Mowgli

Genre: Adventure, Drama

Director: Andy Serkis

Cast: Rohan Chand, Benedict Cumberbatch, Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Andy Serkis, Naomie Harris, Eddie Marsan, Freida Pinto, Matthew Rhys, Tom Hollander, Peter Mullan, Jack Reynor

Release: 2018-10-18

Plot: A human child raised by wolves, must face off against a menacing tiger named Shere Khan, as well as his own origins.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: bloodsnake007
33178210_1794839303915746_6202115650836496384_n.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I hope this is decent

I’m not too sure on the CGI plus I much prefer the voice cast for the other version. (Murray as baloo & waken as Louis was just icing)

@Noodles i think there is already a thread for this because it’s had a name change (think it was originally called the jungle book origins) and was held back like a year +

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I hope this is decent

I’m not too sure on the CGI plus I much prefer the voice cast for the other version. (Murray as baloo & waken as Louis was just icing)

@Noodles i think there is already a thread for this because it’s had a name change (think it was originally called the jungle book origins) and was held back like a year +
Same here... I like the darker tone they're taking with this, but the CGI looks kinda dodgy in some places, and the boy playing Mowgli doesn't seem all that great at acting IMO.

I'm sure I recall there being an existing thread too, but I searched and couldn't find one *shrug*.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Do we really need this so close to Disney's own live action take (which I've also yet to see)?

I’m not too sure on the CGI plus I much prefer the voice cast for the other version.

Same here... I like the darker tone they're taking with this, but the CGI looks kinda dodgy in some places, and the boy playing Mowgli doesn't seem all that great at acting IMO.

I agree. The CGI looks odd to me, But I think I figured out why. It's their faces.
They tried to take the facial features of the actors playing the roles... but in doing that, it makes them look less like animals and more like some creepy hybrid cgi creature lol.
I know they still have time to clean it up... but right now, I'm not a fan of how it looks.

Do we really need this so close to Disney's own live action take (which I've also yet to see)?

Funny, these two were announced right around the same time... But yet this one comes out over 2 years later. Time flies.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
I agree. The CGI looks odd to me, But I think I figured out why. It's their faces.
They tried to take the facial features of the actors playing the roles... but in doing that, it makes them look less like animals and more like some creepy hybrid cgi creature lol.
I know they still have time to clean it up... but right now, I'm not a fan of how it looks.
Just rewatched the trailer with what you said in mind and you're exactly right... what an odd decision! The wolves look especially weird... even my 9 year old niece commented on how strange they look (wolves are her favourite animal) lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Finally - I remember this being the version of the 2 that were supposed to come out last year, that I actually wanted to watch.

Even though the re-make DIsney did, was enjoyable and decent, am not one for direct remakes like that.
If its a remake from an original foreign language movie, westernafied, or a remake thats essentially a modernised reboot, am all for it, but the Disney live action remakes...urgh

New Trailer

And Release Date:

In Select Theaters DEC 7 2018.
(not sure if its streaming the same day or not)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database