Now Streaming Mr. & Mrs. Smith (Season 1) [Prime Video]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere

1694745108116.jpeg

Today, Amazon Studios announced the new series Mr. & Mrs. Smith is now premiering in early 2024, exclusively on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide. From co-creators and executive producers Donald Glover (Swarm, Atlanta) and Francesca Sloane (Atlanta, Fargo), the series, a reimagining of the 2005 New Regency film, stars Glover as John Smith and Maya Erskine (PEN15) as Jane Smith.

Prime Video announced the premiere date for the highly anticipated new series Mr. & Mrs. Smith. All eight episodes will be available on February 2, 2024, exclusively on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide. In addition, five new images from the series were released. From co-creators and executive producers Donald Glover (Swarm, Atlanta) and Francesca Sloane (Atlanta, Fargo), the series, a reimagining of the 2005 film, stars Glover as John Smith and Maya Erskine (PEN15) as Jane Smith.

In this version of Mr. & Mrs. Smith, two lonely strangers land jobs working for a mysterious spy agency that offers them a glorious life of espionage, wealth, world travels, and a dream brownstone in Manhattan. The catch? New identities in an arranged marriage as Mr. and Mrs. John and Jane Smith. Now hitched, John and Jane navigate a high-risk mission every week while also facing a new relationship milestone. Their complex cover story becomes even more complicated when they catch real feelings for each other. What’s riskier: espionage or marriage?

1700178510218.png

Reactions: kaw
Will give it a try, but somehow this teaser is more pushing me away than pulling me toward...

Love Donald glover but when I heard about this I just couldn’t see the benefit of remaking it. Didn’t realise it’s a series and glad to see they seem to have gone a slightly different route and darker tone. Could be alright

Binged this over the weekend. Really amazed how big this show felt. This must have been a very expensive show to make.
I hope this gets a season 2 as there is a lot more I want them to explore.