May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: November 10, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: CAD $46.99

m2232551.jpg

m2232551_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that both Mulan SteelBooks listings are gone from best Buy's website again. I noticed that it sold out the day before release day.

I wonder if it will come back like all past Disney titles have or if this is a new trend where they decided to limit the release so they don't have stock still sitting around a year later.

It will be relisted once I return my extras. Be on the lookout for Station Square location having copies. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian and Actarus
Having had this in hands now for a little bit, I just got around to open this and it is an exquisite little Steelbook :drool: Really Love the Front and Back Artwork and Especially since it is Full Gloss :oohyeah:

The BestBuy Exclusive is Full Gloss which I believe may be the only one to have gotten the full Gloss treatment :cautious: ...and it comes with 2 Beautiful Disk Artwork (free from any logos, just clean to appreciate Gorgeous Chosen Disk Artworks).

Not being familiar with the original animated version, I viewed the film with No Expectations and I just Loved It :happy: I however, was very upset and disappointed about (see spoiler)

The animated movie also featured a romance between Mulan and Li Shang, but Disney confirmed that Shang is not in the live-action adaptation. Instead, Mulan's love interest is Chen Honghui (Yoson An), and in an early cut of the film, the two share a kiss. THR, though, states that after Disney tested the movie with Chinese audiences, local executives saw the kiss and disapproved. Mulan director Niki Caro said: "It was very beautiful, but the Disney China office went, 'No, you can't, that doesn't feel right to the Chinese people,' So we took it out."

2F39DAAD-97B2-4F53-89FA-3C1A68F695CC.jpeg
910E985B-FFE0-45B7-BF93-F45F0BC49F8E.jpeg
61857A00-880B-414E-9A49-DB1B1DA6F537.jpeg

Last edited:
Having had this in hands now for a little bit, I just got around to open this and it is an exquisite little Steelbook :drool: Really Love the Front and Back Artwork and Especially since it is Full Gloss :oohyeah:

The BestBuy Exclusive is Full Gloss which I believe may be the only one to have gotten the full Gloss treatment :cautious: ...and it comes with 2 Beautiful Disk Artwork (free from any logos, just clean to appreciate Gorgeous Chosen Disk Artworks).

Not being familiar with the original animated version, I viewed the film with No Expectations and I just Loved It :happy: I however, was very upset and disappointed about (see spoiler)

The animated movie also featured a romance between Mulan and Li Shang, but Disney confirmed that Shang is not in the live-action adaptation. Instead, Mulan's love interest is Chen Honghui (Yoson An), and in an early cut of the film, the two share a kiss. THR, though, states that after Disney tested the movie with Chinese audiences, local executives saw the kiss and disapproved. Mulan director Niki Caro said: "It was very beautiful, but the Disney China office went, 'No, you can't, that doesn't feel right to the Chinese people,' So we took it out."

View attachment 492545
View attachment 492546
View attachment 492547

It most definitely is a gorgeous steelbook and they did a great job with the discs, too. Happy they didn't go with a plain blue disk for the blu-ray. Haven't watched it yet since I'm waiting for the day I can invite friends over to watch it at home. COVID-19 sucks! :sour:

Reactions: Actarus
It most definitely is a gorgeous steelbook and they did a great job with the discs, too. Happy they didn't go with a plain blue disk for the blu-ray. Haven't watched it yet since I'm waiting for the day I can invite friends over to watch it at home. COVID-19 sucks! :sour:

The Best Buy Exclusive Steelbooks for Disney Releases in N/A come with 2 different Disk Artwork. Each Disks, the 4K UHD and also the Blu-Ray, will each have a Disk Artwork.

However, the Blu-Ray Disk Artwork is only included in the BB Steelbook Edition. All Amarays will include the “Blue” generic Disk for the Blu-Ray.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Shadow of Light
The Best Buy Exclusive Steelbooks for Disney Releases in N/A come with 2 different Disk Artwork. Each Disks, the 4K UHD and also the Blu-Ray, will each have a Disk Artwork.

However, the Blu-Ray Disk Artwork is only included in the BB Steelbook Edition. All Amarays will include the “Blue” generic Disk for the Blu-Ray.

Guess that's why they ended up charging $2 more for this particular Disney steelbook ... the extra artwork! ;) :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Leafs17 and Actarus