Mulholland Drive (Criterion Collection) (4K + Blu ray Digipak) [USA]

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, OHIO - U.S.A.
Release date: November 16, 2021
Purchase links: Criterion - Amazon - DiabolikDVD
Price: $39.96 (Criterion 4K + BD) - $31.96 (Criterion BD) - $49.95 (Amazon 4K + BD) - $36.99 (DiabolikDVD 4K + BD)

AEB2FAD6-A4FC-4F4E-8788-C090E731C3EE.jpeg

Director: David Lynch
Writer: David Lynch
Starring: Justin Theroux, Naomi Watts, Laura Harring, Ann Miller, Dan Hedaya
  • United States
  • 146 minutes
  • Color
  • 1.85:1
  • English
A71FFC4E-D9F9-47E1-BFAB-A1BD966CC50C.jpeg

A love story in the city of dreams . . . Blonde Betty Elms (Naomi Watts) has only just arrived in Hollywood to become a movie star when she meets an enigmatic brunette with amnesia (Laura Harring). Meanwhile, as the two set off to solve the second woman’s identity, filmmaker Adam Kesher (Justin Theroux) runs into ominous trouble while casting his latest project. David Lynch’s seductive and scary vision of Los Angeles’s dream factory is one of the true masterpieces of the new millennium, a tale of love, jealousy, and revenge like no other.

7FD4EDC5-EF27-41B1-8D4D-C9D3DADAA63C.jpeg

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES​

• In the 4K UHD edition: New 4K digital restoration, supervised by director David Lynch and director of photography Peter Deming, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack (4K UHD disc only)
  • In the 4K UHD edition: One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in Dolby Vision HDR and one Blu-ray with the film and special features
  • On the Blu-ray and DVD: Restored 4K digital transfer, supervised by Director David Lynch and director of photography Peter Deming, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • Interviews from 2015 with Lynch; Deming; actors Naomi Watts, Justin Theroux, and Laura Harring; composer Angelo Badalamenti; production designer Jack Fisk; and casting director Johanna Ray
  • On-set footage
  • Deleted scene
  • Trailer
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • PLUS: A booklet featuring an interview with Lynch from the 2005 edition of filmmaker and writer Chris Rodley’s book Lynch on Lynch

4K Restoration Trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jamon-Jamon
Will get a UK Release as well:

Check out the other Mulholland thread in the digi section.. info there from Paul B. is that Zavvi are listing the US Criterion release on their platform - the actual 4k UK release is due from Studiocanal at some stage. French edition is live for preorder..

Bad Lands was also released from Criterion and from Warner as Slipbox in the UK. Why should that be different with this one? We´ll see. The listing on Zavvi with the high price is for the US-release for sure.
When I´m serious I would prefer this edition, but these premium labels can´t throw away their rule only to provide only one single English audio-track and not to include other language options. So it will be the Studiocanal-release anyway.

1632233256746.png1632233289479.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know if the new 4K edition is exactly the same packaging as the previous Criterion release?

Shipped, and subtracted another $10 per their lowest preorder price guarantee, so I got it for $25 ($31 shipped), which is about £20 cheaper, than UK version with dubious art everywhere.

If anyone is curious—the slipcover for the 4K/blu-ray Criterion combo is the right size for a steelbook plus the booklet, instead of the digipak. Now we just need a good steelbook for this film. :)

That's why I didn't jump on it during the sale. I wanna see what everyone else has to offer other than a giant K.
Criterion art has been pretty weak for the last few years.
I'm a Graphic Designer myself and no way would I have designed the book like that as I could see the potential problems at first base....