HDN News Murder She Wrote on HD

Lollard2002

Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2012
Belfast
I took a chance and ordered the first ever blu-ray pressing of Murder She Wrote from France called Arabesque. Season 1 only. First of all congratulations to Elephant films for bringing this classic show to HD and more importantly for native English speakers like me in the UK and North America, the episodes have NO FORCED SUBTITLES. You can enjoy the episodes in either their original English or French language soundtrack with or without French Subtitles. The picture and sound is top notch. The episodes are French prints in that they are all called Arabesque instead of Murder She Wrote and obviously Credits and Titles are in French. But that's not important, you can enjoy the episodes in their original Language. The packaging is superb and the 4 discs are well placed with a lovely slipcase for the set to go in.
According to my player the tracks are English stereo and French Stereo. You also get a lovely 24 page booklet
Make no mistake these HD episodes are a serious step up from the dire (at least in the UK) DVD's that were available. Considering the USA fans will have to content with Mill Creek and the UK with Fabulous films all I can say is thank God for Elephant Films. One very English friendly company.
So all I can say is bring on season 2.
Roger Shore

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
39 Euros. For some reason Amazon France won't let me post a review to let everyone know the good news. They say I'm violating their policies whatever that is. Anytime I try to post any review on German or French sites, they are refused. It's worth getting as both the American and UK pressings are bound to be poor considering the labels envolved. It's obvious elephant films have done their research from the episode contents to packaging. As I said the titles in French don't bother me as this is probably as good as it'll get.

• Thanks
39 Euros. For some reason Amazon France won't let me post a review to let everyone know the good news. They say I'm violating their policies whatever that is. Anytime I try to post any review on German or French sites, they are refused. It's worth getting as both the American and UK pressings are bound to be poor considering the labels envolved. It's obvious elephant films have done their research from the episode contents to packaging. As I said the titles in French don't bother me as this is probably as good as it'll get.
It seems a little pricey for 1 season but I would securely be interested if the price dropped. I don't know why they won't let you leave a review. Is that because you are writing in English? I've seen some other reviews in English there so I don't know why they would be.

It’s worth the money because mill creek have the USA rights and Fabuluous have the Uk rights do I really have to say any more about those two labels

• Thanks
knowing Mill Creek they’ll try and put all 12 seasons on 1 disc
Mill Creek are the ones that like to have multiple films on the same disc aren't they. I remember them having 4 films on the same disc, I really can't see the point of that, they still called them HD aswell! Lol

They have got to be one of the worst if not the worst video label going. I love The Rockford Files but after hearing the reviews on the **** creek release I give it a wide berth and sadly they'll be doing Murder She Wrote if they get around to it.

• Thanks
To be fair about the price of the French Murder She Wrote set. It is a French speaking country and the fact that elephant films have went the extra mile to put on the original English track is to be commended. It must have taken some doing. I know from reading the forums the French fans of Murder She Wrote have wanted the original English track for a long time but they have been lumbered with French only DVD's. Most people prefer the original language of a TV show or film whatever country they are in and having watched the 1st disc, I honestly can't see me buying any other copy. This is as good as it gets. I'm getting the same comment across the french treads. "At last the English language track" The fact that season 2 is already up for pre-order bodes well. Pass on the message. This set is worth getting. The more sales, the more we'll get all 12 seasons.