Music CD + DVD/ Blu-Ray DigiBooks

May 15, 2013
UK
I was just wondering whether we're counting music DigiBooks - That is, CD albums that also come with a bonus Dvd or Blu-Ray disc?

I'm not entirely sure whether CD + Blu-Ray releases exist, but I do own several CD + Dvd DigiBooks. I would probably guess that there isn't much call for a CD + Blu-Ray combo, as Dvd's seem to be more widespread

Does anyone own, or know of, any CD + Blu-Ray DigiBook releases?

Last edited by a moderator:
If a music digibook has a Blu-ray then yes it counts as a digibook! There are a few Blu-ray releases that have come with a CD. Halloween 3,4,5 and 6 Mediabooks from Germany all contain the soundtrack CD. That's all I can think off but I'm sure there are others too.

Reactions: PunkNinja
If I remember correctly, the only music title we have in the list is this one. It is a Blu-ray CD release... HED KANDI Anthems and Artwork and contains House music. As digitalbabe mentions in her post at the time, we left it there until someone added more music titles, when we could start up another section for them. Nothing has happened since then!

Last edited by a moderator:
Slightly off the topic here, but does anyone collect the CD + Dvd DigiBook combos? I know these are a lot more common than the CD + Blu-Ray combos, and was wondering whether these were something that collectors tend to go for over standard CD releases?

I used to pick them up randomly from my local HMV as they were more special than the regular CD releases, but they were usually a lot more expensive. I remember paying £25+ for some of mine, but have seen some that are even more highly priced depending on rarity. A lot of them are often limited editions and numbered.

I think we should split into two digibook categories containing BD+CD: shows/music and movies. Usually the CD put together with the movie is the soundtrack (OST) of it. In my opinion what is being discussed here are digibooks from shows/music in BD format that could have DVD and/or CD.

Considering that these are the digibooks that I know are in this standard:

- Porcupine Tree: Anesthetize (Blu-ray + DVD) [US]
- Paul McCartney: Live Kisses (Blu-ray) [US]
- Pixies: Minotaur (Blu-ray + CD) [US]
- 2112 (Blu-ray + CD) [US]
- Michael Schenker - Temple Of Rock: Live in Europe (Blu-ray + DVD+CD) [US]
- Radiohead: The King of Limbs - Live from The Basement (Blu-ray + DVD) [DE /UK]

If you guys have any comments, please let me know.

Reactions: softandy
I think we should split into two digibook categories containing BD+CD: shows/music and movies. Usually the CD put together with the movie is the soundtrack (OST) of it. In my opinion what is being discussed here are digibooks from shows/music in BD format that could have DVD and/or CD.

Considering that these are the digibooks that I know are in this standard:

- Porcupine Tree: Anesthetize (Blu-ray + DVD) [US]
- Paul McCartney: Live Kisses (Blu-ray) [US]
- Michael Schenker - Temple Of Rock: Live in Europe (Blu-ray + DVD+CD) [US]
- Radiohead: The King of Limbs - Live from The Basement (Blu-ray + DVD) [DE /UK]

If you guys have any comments, please let me know.

Where can I buy these two?
Thank you, Gustavo

I've got:

Steven Wilson - Get All You Deserve (2CD, DVD & Blu Ray)
Iced Earth - Live in Ancient Kourion (2CD, DVD & Blu Ray)

I also have a handful of other Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree albums in 10'' book packaging, not sure if they'd count or not.

These are all music by the way. :)

Reactions: softandy and Polak