My Model Painting & Dioramas

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Well as it's looking I'm getting bored with everything and I'm not working now due to certain medical conditions and needed something to occupy my time otherwise I'd go stir crazy. I've decided to get back into painting miniatures, not so much for gaming though, more or less just for the painting aspect of it. Although the miniatures I used to paint way back in my 20's were pewter and very small and so far the ones I've been painting lately have been quite large. As I progress through each figure that I'm painting I'll show you all my progress, sort of a glimpse of what's to come. So without further ado let's get crackin'. :)

Here's some examples of what I'll be painting.

20200918_195205589_iOS.jpg20220415_172558213_iOS.jpg

Savage Clown Workshop 05 550.png

Last edited:
that's pretty sick. Lots of goods there Kelly. Next thing you know you'll be a paint master selling painted 1/6 head sculpts. ;) good money in that.

that's pretty sick. Lots of goods there Kelly. Next thing you know you'll be a paint master selling painted 1/6 head sculpts. ;) good money in that.
Thanks! :D Well hopefully one day I'll be that good. Only with lots of practice. Here's Death on his steed, he's all put together now. Now I just have to prime him and get to work painting him.

20190223_013621769_iOS.jpg

Reactions: Wreck
Just primed the base for my Death figure. It's the first time using the Airbrush, not bad... not bad at all. Primed it black of course. I might kick my PSI on my compressor down a little, it was set to 30 psi and it should be probably around 20 psi as I was going through primer like crazy but it's Stynylrez so it evened out nicely.

I think of this as all the lost souls I guess.

20190305_003047353_iOS (2).jpg

I finished the base for my Death/Reaper. Now they look like real skulls. I'll show you in three steps from these photos as to the transformation. First is black primer, second is several different shades of white to give them a transitional look and third is all the contrasting work like paint washing, then dry brushing and finally a little tonal infusion in each place that a skull touches another skull. All-in-All the base is pretty much finished besides around the sides where I haven't fully decided what color to go with yet.

20190305_003047353_iOS (2).jpg20190305_185105069_iOS.jpg20190305_205959492_iOS (3).jpg

...and finally the side painted black and varnished to seal in the paint so it doesn't chip.
20190306_023019980_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TheJoker
I'm not happy with my Glutton Demon so I'm stripping him of all paint and starting over on him. He's too green, as someone on my Facebook group I belong to said that it looks like someone dropped him off in the woods next to an old mossy log and moss grew all over him.

The image below is the desired look I'm trying to aim for. I tried it the first time and he turned into a moss man. :LOL: :banghead:

nurgle toads.JPG

I'm still working on my Glutton Demon but I also ordered another miniature. This one is The Great Unclean One - Rotigus. There's different ways to build it but I'm going to build it as Rotigus rather than TGUO. Here's a few camera shots of him.

20190404_031922500_iOS.jpg

20190404_032058909_iOS.jpg

These miniatures are really nice mate. I used to paint a ton of Warhammer stuff for people in my younger years but haven’t done it for some time now . Very time consuming and frustrating hobby at times but also extremely rewarding when you have got the finish you were aiming for.

What sort of price do this range go for? They look like quite a premium miniature so I’d say not cheap:)

These miniatures are really nice mate. I used to paint a ton of Warhammer stuff for people in my younger years but haven’t done it for some time now . Very time consuming and frustrating hobby at times but also extremely rewarding when you have got the finish you were aiming for.

What sort of price do this range go for? They look like quite a premium miniature so I’d say not cheap:)
This one I just bought was $119 and the Glutton Demon was also $119, the others were anywhere from $60-$80 a piece. I love to paint, it's great. I tend to zone out when I paint. I'll put on my headphones and listen to music while I do it and when I finally lift my head up 2-3 hours have passed and I'm like "say what?".

• Thanks
Reactions: Robles
This one I just bought was $119 and the Glutton Demon was also $119, the others were anywhere from $60-$80 a piece. I love to paint, it's great. I tend to zone out when I paint. I'll put on my headphones and listen to music while I do it and when I finally lift my head up 2-3 hours have passed and I'm like "say what?".
Yeah I didn’t think they were cheap but also not to bad as they look good quality.Been awhile since I’ve looked into any of the ranges available now so not to clues up on prices.

I know the feeling I used to do the exact same:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader