My Model Painting & Dioramas

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Well as it's looking I'm getting bored with everything and I'm not working now due to certain medical conditions and needed something to occupy my time otherwise I'd go stir crazy. I've decided to get back into painting miniatures, not so much for gaming though, more or less just for the painting aspect of it. Although the miniatures I used to paint way back in my 20's were pewter and very small and so far the ones I've been painting lately have been quite large. As I progress through each figure that I'm painting I'll show you all my progress, sort of a glimpse of what's to come. So without further ado let's get crackin'. :)

Here's some examples of what I'll be painting.

20200918_195205589_iOS.jpg20220415_172558213_iOS.jpg

Savage Clown Workshop 05 550.png

Last edited:
Thanks Nick, now with my budget really low I'm going to have to lay off of steelbook purchasing for a while and concentrate on something else like this. I enjoy it, it's fun. :)
@Noodles
I hear ya dude, because that's exactly what I've been doing lately... struggling for work and therefore funds, so collecting has had to take a backseat whilst I try to come up with ways of earning some cash, and making custom toys/models has been my solution (or at least I'm hoping it is - only just started working on it lol). And I agree... it's tons of fun! :D

Reactions: Lone Crusader
I hear ya dude, because that's exactly what I've been doing lately... struggling for work and therefore funds, so collecting has had to take a backseat whilst I try to come up with ways of earning some cash, and making custom toys/models has been my solution (or at least I'm hoping it is - only just started working on it lol). And I agree... it's tons of fun! :D
I've been collecting steelbooks since 2011, so it's good that I diversify my hobbies and not just concentrate on collecting steelbooks only. I've seen plenty of folks in this hobby burn out and give it up completely and I really don't want that to happen to me. I'll still get a few here and there but it sure won't be as plentiful as it has been. I'm trying to budget for that new steelbook "The Town" from Best Buy but I'm unsure yet if it's possible.

Reactions: Noodles
I've been collecting steelbooks since 2011, so it's good that I diversify my hobbies and not just concentrate on collecting steelbooks only. I've seen plenty of folks in this hobby burn out and give it up completely and I really don't want that to happen to me. I'll still get a few here and there but it sure won't be as plentiful as it has been. I'm trying to budget for that new steelbook "The Town" from Best Buy but I'm unsure yet if it's possible.
Hmm I keep telling myself the same thing, but here I am yeeeears later, still obsessed with steels lol. My problem is I like to collect all types of different stuff and soon go off one thing and move on to the next... but steelbooks are by far the one thing I have the most of and have also collected for the longest. Same applies when it comes to my "creative" hobbies... I've dabbled in many different variations of graphic design over the years, including fan posters and obviously steel concepts, made custom slip covers, pin badges, and now toys. Think I just get bored too easily so soon move on to the next thing that interests/excites me lol.

Bought another airbrush. This one is for more general spraying applications like base coating and laying down top coats and stuff like that. The Sotar above is more for laying down precise work and very fine detail.

View attachment 382118
I recently bought this airbrush starter set.
20200219_224230.jpg

I wanted to start with painting a front from my old PC. Can you give me some beginner tips or so?

I also bought a cleaning set, but how do I use this cleaning pot. It has a description, but I don`t understand what the filer is for and how to use the fluid. think I will blow it first time.
20200219_225114.jpg
20200219_224943.jpg

What should I definitly not do wrong?
Thanks

I recently bought this airbrush starter set.
View attachment 462697

Can you give me some beginner tips or so? I wanted to start with painting a front from my old PC. I also bought a cleaning set, but how do I use this cleaning pot. It has a description, but I don`t understand what the filer is for and how to use the fluid. think I will blow it first time. What should I definitly not do wrong?
View attachment 462701View attachment 462699
You won't need to use that airbrush cleaner, I mean you can but you'll go through it real quick. I use Windex/window cleaner and water to clean out my paint pot on top of my airbrushes. You have a bottom feeding tank on your airbrush and not a gravity feeding like mine. I wouldn't use files because those airbrush channels are machine grooved extremely smooth and if you use a file you can scratch them and cause grooves in the metal. Those brushes are good though for getting into hard to reach places. The cleaning pot is for when your cleaning your airbrush so you put some Windex or water in your jar and then you use an old cheap brush to brush the insides of your jar and then connect it to you airbrush and then spray that Windex out into that cleaning pot. After a while like 2 or 3 sessions you take your cleaning pot and pour it out and rinse it out. Do you have a compressor yet? You'll need one to make it work. Also I would recommend acrylic paint and not enamel, it's much easier to work with and clean up afterwards. Any more questions just let me know. :)

Thanks for your recommendations and tips.
I have some other questions:
-Because this is a starter set I suggest the needle is not the best. How should I handle it?
-Are these filters not needed?

Thanks for your recommendations and tips.
I have some other questions:
-Because this is a starter set I suggest the needle is not the best. How should I handle it?
-Are these filters not needed?
The needle is VERY delicate and the tip is extremely tiny to a point, if it gets bent in any way you won't be able to use your airbrush. The thing is that you have to remove the needle to clean it after a session of painting so be very very careful with it. The filters go in the top of your cleaning pot and prevent paint from escaping when you put your airbrush up to the pot and spray out the cleaner so yes they are needed.

Here a picture of the compressor - don`t know if it`s good. It was the cheapest from the better ones
View attachment 462736View attachment 462738View attachment 462737
Yep, that'll work. It has an adjustable air pressure knob and a moisture trap which is good because you definitely don't want moisture getting into the paint. I would make sure your hose fittings fit onto the air compressor though. For me as an added precaution I line the threads of the nozzle with plumbers tape for a solid seal, that way I'm sure there won't be any air leaks.

• Thanks
Reactions: komor
I'm probably going to start with my Plague Angel, here it is just put together and then primed black. Now I need to think about where I want to go with it. It's plagued so I should probably go with some colors that will give it a sickly look. That's bone scythe looks like I might go with an aged bone type color and then do something special with it. Well we'll see what I can come up with. :)

20190224_152748919_iOS.jpg20190305_023541581_iOS.jpg

Reactions: Robles
I'm probably going to start with my Plague Angel, here it is just put together and then primed black. Now I need to think about where I want to go with it. It's plagued so I should probably go with some colors that will give it a sickly look. That's bone scythe looks like I might go with an aged bone type color and then do something special with it. Well we'll see what I can come up with. :)

View attachment 463041View attachment 463042
His weapon looks similar to the one that the Predator built from a dead Alien for the woman in Alien vs Pedator.