My Model Painting & Dioramas

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Well as it's looking I'm getting bored with everything and I'm not working now due to certain medical conditions and needed something to occupy my time otherwise I'd go stir crazy. I've decided to get back into painting miniatures, not so much for gaming though, more or less just for the painting aspect of it. Although the miniatures I used to paint way back in my 20's were pewter and very small and so far the ones I've been painting lately have been quite large. As I progress through each figure that I'm painting I'll show you all my progress, sort of a glimpse of what's to come. So without further ado let's get crackin'. :)

Here's some examples of what I'll be painting.

20200918_195205589_iOS.jpg20220415_172558213_iOS.jpg

Savage Clown Workshop 05 550.png

Last edited:
Okie Dokie! Finished him up. It took me a looong time to complete the base for this guy. This is actually the second base I made for him. I built the first one up and I didn't like it so I went to the drawing board figuratively speaking and started designing another one. I thought I had everything I needed but then I didn't and I'd had to order something else for it, I'd use it on the base and then I'd have to order something else for it and this continued for about 5-6 times until I had everything I'd need but between each item was a long waiting period because everywhere the shipping is delayed because of Covid-19 so I'd have to wait for long periods to start on the next step for it. The first base was created out of cork board, this one is created with sculpting mold. Tree believe it or not is made out of twisted wire and then I applied liquid latex rubber on it... made it look all creepy. Grass, rocks, flowers are all hand made. Lave was somewhat difficult, I kept procrastinating more and more making it because I was so afraid of screwing it up. I used something called Crackle Paste for it's foundation which applies like paste and then as it dries it cracks making it look like pieces of molten floating in lava. The lava is is a careful combination of paint and it actually looks like real lava... I looked at a lot of lava pictures on Google to get ideas. Without further ado I present to you the Plague Angel...

View attachment 468912View attachment 468913View attachment 468914View attachment 468915View attachment 468916View attachment 468917
WOW.... Looks fantastic Mate :thumbs: Amazing Job:OMG::notworthy:

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Oh looks wicked. Looking forward to seeing it as I love the bases you make to go with them.

Great stuff mate :thumbs:

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Dude, that's incredible! Seriously, you should look into doing this as a job. Seen people who do it for a living and don't even get results anywhere near to what you're producing. :notworthy:

Dude, that's incredible! Seriously, you should look into doing this as a job. Seen people who do it for a living and don't even get results anywhere near to what you're producing. :notworthy:
Thank you. I know that the going rate for these Bloodthirsters is around 210-230 USD as you can see from this eBay listing. Your not the first to tell me I should commission my work but idk, I'm not sure I'm ready yet. I belong to a group on Facebook and this guy painted one in 4 days and then sold it on eBay and he's a commissioned painter. I on the other hand take around 1-month to finish mine so I don't know if it would be very profitable in the end since I spend so much time on them.

Reactions: Robles and Noodles
Thank you. I know that the going rate for these Bloodthirsters is around 210-230 USD as you can see from this eBay listing. Your not the first to tell me I should commission my work but idk, I'm not sure I'm ready yet. I belong to a group on Facebook and this guy painted one in 4 days and then sold it on eBay and he's a commissioned painter. I on the other hand take around 1-month to finish mine so I don't know if it would be very profitable in the end since I spend so much time on them.
Hmm I get what you mean bud, because I'm the same when it comes to doing stuff... seems to take me forever to complete something, whereas everyone else can do the same job in a matter of days. Maybe because we're perfectionists! Either way, still something for you to consider, since the end result is what matters, even if it takes weeks/months. Probably just a case of practicing and getting to grips with everything better though... it used to take me a full week (sometimes longer) to do a single custom Pop, yet now I can mostly get them done in a couple days.

like Nick @Noodles said mate, the more of these you do the quicker you are going to get and personally I think you should look into doing commissions.

your work is pukka mate and those bases that you create are fantastic

WOW is this your next one mate?