My Model Painting & Dioramas

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Well as it's looking I'm getting bored with everything and I'm not working now due to certain medical conditions and needed something to occupy my time otherwise I'd go stir crazy. I've decided to get back into painting miniatures, not so much for gaming though, more or less just for the painting aspect of it. Although the miniatures I used to paint way back in my 20's were pewter and very small and so far the ones I've been painting lately have been quite large. As I progress through each figure that I'm painting I'll show you all my progress, sort of a glimpse of what's to come. So without further ado let's get crackin'. :)

Here's some examples of what I'll be painting.

20200918_195205589_iOS.jpg20220415_172558213_iOS.jpg

Savage Clown Workshop 05 550.png

Last edited:
I would take a toothbrush for the splatter - so you get more plasticity. But maybe it is not detailed enough

How do you cover the parts that you don`t want to be painted? Or can you remove the wings?
Usually when I use my airbrush I'll paint something like the wings before I glue them on but on this one I just used my airbrush to prime and do a base coat and that's it, the rest is all done by hand. I plan to detail each and every one of those feathers one by one.

Reactions: komor
I should be finishing up the figure in the next day or two. I'll post a couple of pictures but it still won't be complete without the base diorama to go with it so it'll still be a WIP. I have the supplies for it so I'll start on it next.

Reactions: Robles
Here it is, it's not varnished yet and I still haven't decided whether or not to apply a light tonal wash to the wings yet. They need something... Maybe it's because their not as diseased as the rest of the figure. I also still need to work on the base too.

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg

Very nice - please more scruffy look of the sense. The wings I would paint grey-brown or just darken it. The head looks good I think.
Actually the wings are grey-brown, their a mixture of Anthracite Grey and Heavy Charcoal then dry brushed with a strange slimy green color. Since the pictures I stippled on a green wash and it came out awesome looking.

Reactions: komor
Okie Dokie! Finished him up. It took me a looong time to complete the base for this guy. This is actually the second base I made for him. I built the first one up and I didn't like it so I went to the drawing board figuratively speaking and started designing another one. I thought I had everything I needed but then I didn't and I'd had to order something else for it, I'd use it on the base and then I'd have to order something else for it and this continued for about 5-6 times until I had everything I'd need but between each item was a long waiting period because everywhere the shipping is delayed because of Covid-19 so I'd have to wait for long periods to start on the next step for it. The first base was created out of cork board, this one is created with sculpting mold. Tree believe it or not is made out of twisted wire and then I applied liquid latex rubber on it... made it look all creepy. Grass, rocks, flowers are all hand made. Lava was somewhat difficult, I kept procrastinating more and more making it because I was so afraid of screwing it up. I used something called Crackle Paste for it's foundation which applies like paste and then as it dries it cracks making it look like pieces of molten floating in lava. The lava is a careful combination of paint and it actually looks like real lava... I looked at a lot of lava pictures on Google to get ideas. Without further ado I present to you the Plague Angel...

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg

Last edited: