My newly self-published book is available on the Kindle!

Some of you may or may not know that I have recently self-published my first book. It is called "Through The Soul's Window" and it is a collection of 12 short stories. The amazing cover was done by an amazing graphic artist friend of mine, Miami Kaos. If you're a fan of hip hop, then I'd be shocked if you've never seen his work as he's done mixtape covers and artwork for virtually every big name hip hop artist of the last ten or fifteen years.

The book is free for a limited time only (through tomorrow night at midnight) on Amazon.com for the Kindle E-Reader. If you need a version other than for a Kindle, like a .PDF version (which I think is better, as far as the formatting goes), then let me know and I'll hook you up.

After Friday night at midnight though, the freebie offer is gone and it goes back to the regular price of $2.99.

A few people who are around here I believe have copies of it so they can probably tell you whether or not they liked it.

Would love feedback, and if anyone wants a copy for review purposes, just let me know. (that has a lot less impact when the book is temporarily free, I realize. lol)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QYHAPW/?tag=hidefnin-20

scaled.php

Emotions define us, for better or worse. Emotions more times than not dictate how we proceed through our lives. Whether our actions are motivated by guilt or passion or doubt or any number of other emotions, many of us walk around every day with said emotions written across our face viewable by all except ourselves.

Through The Soul's Window is a collection of 12 short stories dealing with people whose actions are driven by their emotions and how they react to them. Some react well, others do not. Some end happily, others do not.

Whether we like to admit it or not, we all tend to be driven by emotions, try as we might to avoid it.

DETAILS: 12 Stories / 40 Pages / 16,336 words

Contains some adult themes and mild adult language

01. Playing God: What do you do when you witness someone do something so horrific that goes against everything you believe in. And what if that person is someone that you envisioned making a life with? How does that affect you going forward, and what does your reaction say about you?

02. My Biggest Fear: A scorned lover drowns their sorrow in alcohol soaked memories, as they lament the one that got away, due to a lack of commitment.

03. The Flame: A tragic event births something even more tragic, one that will eventually come full circle.

04. Anniversary: A car crash wipes out the hopes and dreams of a newlywed couple, sending the lone survivor on a year-long spiral of depression and suicidal thoughts. Then he is presented with a potential second chance at the life that he thought he would have.

05. Unconventional Plans: A man seeks solace from the pain and anguish and guilt that he feels after a tragic accident, and finds perhaps the answers to his problems.

06. Ghost Story: Grant Joche, a prospective buyer inspects a fantastic loft in downtown Charlottesville Virginia, and listens to the real estate agent admit to the horrific events that took place in the building, which has caused many to shy away from renting.

07. My Encounter With Morris: Julian is a recovering addict who immediately upon drying out, packs everything up and moves away from everyone and thing he knows in an attempt to get a fresh start....to the worst possible place.

08. Circle Of Life: Four kids are at the end of their night of trick-or-treating when one of them is dared to go to the house of a mysterious resident. There have been stories about what happened to Gerald, and his mental makeup, however no one really knows for sure. What young Dylan finds up there is not at all what he expected.

09. A Hero's Guilt: What should have been a routine flight for a rookie US Marshal, the shooting of a armed man running for the cockpit door turns this supposed-to-be routine flight into a life changing situation for more than one person.

10. The Forgotten Letter: Clearing out the attic after his mother passes away, he finds a letter from the father that he barely knew -- but despised. This was a letter he had never seen though, and it was addressed to him. The shocking contents will change him forever.

11. Vegas Baby: They say "What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas". She can only wish that were true, as the memories of what happened in Vegas, and her actions that led to them, are going to be burned into her mind forever.

12. Time Out: Roman and Margaret meet up in a bar, and once the introductions and pleasantries are exchanged, the games of seduction and flirtations begin, leading both up to a line that, at least one of them, is not sure they are ready to cross.