4K UHD My UHD Collection Picture Quality Review

thewoe

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse
Premium Supporter
Dec 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Hey Guys, I thought i would do a review for the UHD's i own, Rather than making a long winded post or a video i thought i would simply give each film a mark out of 10, anything that i mark a 6 or above i deem worthy of upgrading to over the bluray, anything below is basically a don't bother.

Bare in mind these are my own personal opinions after watching them many times and not influenced by reviews anywhere on the web, they are purely my own Marks using my own eye balls ;)

i've taken into account HDR or lack there of and the Increases in detail over the 1080p bluray.
These are purely visual marks out of 10 as i do not have a Atmos or DD/DTS HD audio setup, I ran each disc Using the Xbox one S watching on the LG C6 OLED.

Feel free to agree or disagree with me :)

3E2BA85D-17EA-4B33-8874-A598134D3717_zpsro9pkgdg.jpg

Have you happened to cross reference how many of the ones you've scored the lower end to see if they're real 4K or not?

Im sure the only real 4K transfers are Batman v superman, Amazing spiderman 2, planet earth 2, the revenant,
... the others i think are 2k DI's

Reactions: tommyh84
Nice thread @thewoe Thank you.

SS is that bad huh? 1/10? :cautious:

And if i remember correctly, a few of them are sort of hybrids. Where certain parts would get 4K transfers and the rest of the movie would get the 2K upscales. I could be wrong but i think BvS, Pacific Rim and Deadpool were on that list.

Agree with you regarding the titles I have of those: Planet Earth, Fantastic Beasts, Revenant, M7 and Deadpool.

I have the oled 65 b6.

And I loved Deadpool's atmos track!

Nice thread. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Im sure the only real 4K transfers are Batman v superman, Amazing spiderman 2, planet earth 2, the revenant,
... the others i think are 2k DI's
Cool thread @thewoe!:) I'm pretty sure Deadpool is 4K aswell mate. I agree with most of your scores, the only one I disagree is with Suicide Squad. I had heard a lot of bad things about it but I was suprised when I watched it. I wasn't particularly impressed with the detail until I saw the Blu-ray straight after and that did look soft. Usually I don't see a huge difference but it did feel like a decent upgrade. The HDR also popped pretty well, It was a dark film which didn't help though. I would give it a 6/10.
I haven't seen all the films you have but I agree with The Revenant and The Martian, both looked fantastic.:)

• Thanks
Reactions: spass and thewoe
Nice thread @thewoe Thank you.

SS is that bad huh? 1/10? :cautious:

And if i remember correctly, a few of them are sort of hybrids. Where certain parts would get 4K transfers and the rest of the movie would get the 2K upscales. I could be wrong but i think BvS, Pacific Rim and Deadpool were on that list.

I only gave Suicide squad a 1/10 because there was more slightly more detail in the 4K blu, but the rest of the movie was barely a difference from the bluray minus some HDR scenes here and there. I would have given it a 0 if it wasnt for that.

Those movies that i listed had a DI 4K transfer for the disc release but the special effects were finished in 2K and upscaled to 4K...

I use this site as reference: http://realorfake4k.com

Deadpool isnt native 4K but that site describes it as 'Nearly 4K' http://realorfake4k.com/my-product/deadpool/

Last edited:
I've got a feeling your score for SQ is way off compared to other ratings..... I don't get it. you hate the movie or you didn't had your glasses on when watching ;)

I've got a feeling your score for SQ is way off compared to other ratings..... I don't get it. you hate the movie or you didn't had your glasses on when watching ;)

I had my glasses on just fine. Ive watched it several times mate, its honestly barely an upgrade from bluray. Also other ratings look for anything good and find a few things here and there but for me there was not nearly enough to warrant a score above 1, Bluray.com were too kind giving it even a 1.5 tbh, I liked the movie (extended is better) But the UHD is just pure garbage.

As i stated thats just my opinion ;)

I only gave Suicide squad a 1/10 because there was more slightly more detail in the 4K blu, but the rest of the movie was barely a difference from the bluray minus some HDR scenes here and there. I would have given it a 0 if it wasnt for that.

Those movies that i listed had a DI 4K transfer for the disc release but the special effects were finished in 2K and upscaled to 4K...

I use this site as reference: http://realorfake4k.com

Deadpool isnt native 4K but that site describes it as 'Nearly 4K' http://realorfake4k.com/my-product/deadpool/
Yea i think that's the site i was looking at a while ago.

I think the future is a hybrid like these. Simply because it's cheaper for them to do so.

Yea i think that's the site i was looking at a while ago.

I think the future is a hybrid like these. Simply because it's cheaper for them to do so.

If that is the case then 4K wont be around for long.

Suicide squad's 4K transfer is a great example of what not to do with a 4K disc.