Howard the Duck (Mystery Marvel ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 13, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Zbox + Steelbook) - Zavvi (Steelbook) (Pre Order will be live at 12pm Midday Sunday 25th August UK time)
Price: £29.99 £24.99 (Zbox with Steelbook) - £12.99 (Steelbook)
Notes: Exclusive never released in the UK before Blu-ray SteelBook

ezgif-3-2c35bc7f115f.jpg ezgif-3-b0a3e07b6342.jpg

ezgif-3-1bff66128554.jpg ezgif-3-52fcae9d58dc.jpg

Last edited:
Limited to only 2000 units
This Mystery Zavvi Exclusive Marvel SteelBook ZBOX contains an exclusive never released in the UK before Blu-ray SteelBook

Official SteelBook protective cover
Official SteelBook pin badge
2 officially licensed Marvel collectables.

This live action film comes straight from the pages of Marvel Comics and all this product comes delivered inside a zbox.

Last edited:
Simply a pathetic way to shift garbage, no doubt will be overpriced somewhere like the DC one..£38 or more. If the steelbook turns out to be one of the 4K steels on the weathered poster range, then i'm done. I absolutely hate this kind of thing, it doesn't work, it rips people off, and potentially the contents turn out to be landfill worthy environmentally damaging crud. Lootcrate have gone bankrupt due to the constant drivel they put out, and others will follow.

For gods sake zavvi, just tell us what the steelbook is at least...… if it's not the new 4k range, what old Marvel linked films have NOT been released in the UK? anybody want to take a guess ?

Simply a pathetic way to shift garbage, no doubt will be overpriced somewhere like the DC one..£38 or more. If the steelbook turns out to be one of the 4K steels on the weathered poster range, then i'm done. I absolutely hate this kind of thing, it doesn't work, it rips people off, and potentially the contents turn out to be landfill worthy environmentally damaging crud. Lootcrate have gone bankrupt due to the constant drivel they put out, and others will follow.

For gods sake zavvi, just tell us what the steelbook is at least...… if it's not the new 4k range, what old Marvel linked films have NOT been released in the UK? anybody want to take a guess ?

It doesn't even say it's a 4K steelbook does it? Just says Blu-ray.

My money is on a 4k release. I'm leaning towards doctor strange as it's the only film so far in the new 4k line that doesn't already have a sequel set up. It's too soon for another black panther or captain marvel. Antman and guardians both have sequels so they can market them similar to iron man and thor releasing them over a month period. Again way too soon for another avengers steel. Could be agents of shield season 4 on steelbook but I doubt they would release a tv show however could be wrong. They could totally screw us and release a daredevil or Electra or fantastic four on 4k steelbook. Or even an xmen film

My money is on a 4k release. I'm leaning towards doctor strange as it's the only film so far in the new 4k line that doesn't already have a sequel set up. It's too soon for another black panther or captain marvel. Antman and guardians both have sequels so they can market them similar to iron man and thor releasing them over a month period. Again way too soon for another avengers steel. Could be agents of shield season 4 on steelbook but I doubt they would release a tv show however could be wrong. They could totally screw us and release a daredevil or Electra or fantastic four on 4k steelbook. Or even an xmen film
Info in product details has it as Blu-ray SteelBook

Live action film comes straight from the pages of Marvel Comics

It won't be known for sure until tomorrow when Red Carpet members get link to order if it's 4K or just 2D steelbook as listed in info provided

Info in product details has it as Blu-ray SteelBook

Live action film comes straight from the pages of Marvel Comics

It won't be known for sure until tomorrow when Red Carpet members get link to order if it's 4K or just 2D steelbook as listed in info provided
I'm just speculating on the possible releases

Reactions: paulboland
It will probably turn out to be a marvel animated film and not something anyone is desperate to own.

• Haha
Reactions: yeslek
Now that I've calmed down a bit, i'm doubting its one of the 4K series, as mentioned the obscure wording regarding from the pages of Marvel Comics and Blu-ray Steelbook, I don't think even @zavvi are that stupid to do that, they would be alienating a vast majority of buyers of the range if that was the case.

I betting on an old film, I thought of Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer, it has had a DVD steelbook but not a Blu-ray steelbook...it isn't X-men (any of them) Electra, Daredevil, Blade 1-3 or Fantastic 4, or Fant4stic they all had Blu-ray steelbooks if i'm not mistaken, Don't know if one of the Wolverines was missing a steel, but I can't think of many more....

I messaged zavvi via the live chat. This and the dc mystery steelbooks are connected to the mcu and dcu but couldn't tell me anymore. Sorry I did try to get some info for people who want to know more about this before buying

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190824-111902_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190824-111902_Chrome.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 443
  • Screenshot_20190824-111847_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190824-111847_Chrome.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 402
  • 20190824_112742.jpg
    20190824_112742.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 343
I honestly thought the whole mystery thing would be that the title would be secret until it goes live! I can’t believe they are trying to pull this sh!t again!! The backlash they have had in the past is crazy. And here they are today. Doing it twice

Surely no normal person will order this or the DC one? Lol. Surely everyone will wait until it’s released to be revealed and go from there?

Because if you do go ahead and order this your basically just allowing them to doing it again

In a way, I’ve calmed down on the whole £10 a year RC thing because you only gotta make 10+ non steel purchases (vinyl, clothing, statues, pop viny etc) to be in pocket and for it to be beneficial and now that they added shipping costs in the U.K to steels, you make over 10 separate steel orders in a year and your already paying more anyway.

But this is pathetic

So it’s live action, mcu, never before released in the uk. My guess is either a WEA endgame or one of the 4K ones, guardians, ant man or dr strange. 99% sure it won’t be endgame though

So it’s live action, mcu, never before released in the uk. My guess is either a WEA endgame or one of the 4K ones, guardians, ant man or dr strange. 99% sure it won’t be endgame though

I think it will be so wrong if they release one of the new 4k range either antman, guardians 1 or strange as this mystery box when all the others have been single sale.

And like before with cap and iron man lentis. Will this then get a single sale a few weeks later?

I’m just going to wait. Regardless, when the title is revealed and if this does somehow sell out which will be utter bonkers if it does when you don’t know what your getting, I will just wait until after release when they get put back up again like all releases do.

I think Scanavo is putting this out and just using Zavvi as the retailer AND/OR its a joint venture. That or Zavvi simply licensing from Marvel and Scanavo/SteelBook throwing that in to sweeten the pot on this new business model.

Hence why there are 2 branded steelbook items included.

The key takeaway on this one vs. the DC one is is it says its a steelbook never released in the UK before ........ so sounds like one we seen elsewhere. Where as the DC one says an exclusive with all new artwork. So that one is more interesting... once it ships and reveals , if its nice, im sure the orders that come after could make it sell out.

Funny enough, Marvel and DC are big enough brands that with a 2k run, including these items, and new artwork steel you could simply tell us the title and show us the artwork and it could sell out. Because its all strong .... but when you won't show us, it makes me a bit curious in a bad way as to whats coming.

Mystery gets us talking .... but so does any awesome marvel or DC steelbook so its the same thing. :p

Reactions: C.C. 95 and Flloydo
I think Scanavo is putting this out and just using Zavvi as the retailer AND/OR its a joint venture. That or Zavvi simply licensing from Marvel and Scanavo/SteelBook throwing that in to sweeten the pot on this new business model.

Hence why there are 2 branded steelbook items included.

The key takeaway on this one vs. the DC one is is it says its a steelbook never released in the UK before ........ so sounds like one we seen elsewhere. Where as the DC one says an exclusive with all new artwork. So that one is more interesting... once it ships and reveals , if its nice, im sure the orders that come after could make it sell out.

Funny enough, Marvel and DC are big enough brands that with a 2k run, including these items, and new artwork steel you could simply tell us the title and show us the artwork and it could sell out. Because its all strong .... but when you won't show us, it makes me a bit curious in a bad way as to whats coming.

Mystery gets us talking .... but so does any awesome marvel or DC steelbook so its the same thing. :p

That never released in the U.K. part got me too.

Apart from old iron man steels from say Germany I Just can’t think what it would be. Unless it’s the Matt Ferguson wave but it’s only one steelbook and there was 4 of them.

Other guess, and a long shot. But could be the Blufans Mondo art? The variant had a slip etc

Last edited: