Howard the Duck (Mystery Marvel ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 13, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Zbox + Steelbook) - Zavvi (Steelbook) (Pre Order will be live at 12pm Midday Sunday 25th August UK time)
Price: £29.99 £24.99 (Zbox with Steelbook) - £12.99 (Steelbook)
Notes: Exclusive never released in the UK before Blu-ray SteelBook

ezgif-3-2c35bc7f115f.jpg ezgif-3-b0a3e07b6342.jpg

ezgif-3-1bff66128554.jpg ezgif-3-52fcae9d58dc.jpg

Last edited:
That's the whole idea behind these mystery releases
Thread has 2K views already without knowing what you are ordering

Some will be happy what the steelbook is and some won't

The same happened with Iron Man and Captain America Zbox mystery releases lot of discussion as to what the steelbooks would be until reveal happened
Very true

Reactions: paulboland
This seems dumb. But I’ll preorder, once it’s revealed I’ll decide whether to keep or cancel.
But what if they don't reveal it ?, and ship all orders, THEN reveal the terrible truth ?. I'm going to wait until its delivered to the poor saps who ordered it knowing nothing going in, then decide, what with the innevitible zavvi back in stock shenanigans then decide if it's worth it, but no doubt as with the original zbox's they did many years ago, the steel will get its own separate release after and zavvi will have got rid of a load of zbox merchandise landfill in the meantime and charged you a premium for the previlage.

Zavvi playing a blinder here......don't fall for it.

Reactions: Mike Haley
The original - from THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (right up there with RE-ANIMATOR as two of the best mid '80s black comedy horrors) - inspiration for all similar gifs:-
tumblr_nr0kfv7s1R1u2ragso2_500.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Haley
So, which is it ???
1566740350902.png
1566740529531.png

Would be very reasonable - a 4K steelbook included with the goodies for 30 quid.

Oh, and well done, Zavvi - this palaver definitely a good way to direct people off the thorny Red Carpet.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Based on the way I read the blurb "Il s’agit d’un steelBook (4K???) blu-ray exclusif encore jamais sorti en Angleterre" and If it's truly to be a 4K steelbook the only choices seem to be :-
1) THE INCREDIBLE HULK
2) GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: VOL. 1
3) ANT-MAN
4) DOCTOR STRANGE

Last edited:
Have any of these mystery steelbooks been any good in the past?

The only ones I can remember from before was the Disney animation films. It was only a few (maybe 10 at most) But I’m sure they showed the art on pre order or a week or 2 later, with months before release. Plus no zbox added on so it was a little different. Once you found out you had months to cancel still. But when they did it to some of the Disney films they weren’t re releases or anything so, people where Invested into that collection already

So how did people feel when they found out that the releases were the Iron Man and Captain America steelbooks in the past?
Also, isn't there a mystery Disney release coming up in a couple days as well? Is that also a a zbox thing?

So how did people feel when they found out that the releases were the Iron Man and Captain America steelbooks in the past?
Also, isn't there a mystery Disney release coming up in a couple days as well? Is that also a a zbox thing?

I may be wrong. But I don’t think the iron man and cap lentis were mysteries

Maybe @paulboland remembers that

But there was uproar that they made you buy them with a zbox. Hence, after much complaining from pretty much everyone, they sold them as a singular sale not long after

And yes there is but not sure if it has a zbox

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I may be wrong. But I don’t think the iron man and cap lentis were mysteries

Maybe @paulboland remembers that

But there was uproar that they made you buy them with a zbox. Hence, after much complaining from pretty much everyone, they sold them as a singular sale not long after

And yes there is but not sure if it has a zbox
Iron Man and Captain America lenti steelbooks was initially Zbox Mystery releases
Steelbooks in these releases was unknown until revealed

Captain America was known very quickly but it took a while to find out that Iron man was in it's mystery Zbox
You can read back in those threads for all the guessing what the steelbook would be and all the same complaints you are getting in these new DC and Marvel Zbox Mystery releases :rofl:

It will be revealed before release date what the steelbooks will be just as it was with Iron Man and Captain America Zbox mystery releases

Iron Man and Captain America lenti steelbooks was initially Zbox Mystery releases
Steelbooks in these releases was unknown until revealed
You can read back in those threads for all the guessing what the steelbook would be and all the same complaints you are getting in these new DC and Marvel Zbox Mystery releases :rofl:

It will be revealed before release date what the steelbooks will be just as it was with Iron Man and Captain America Zbox mystery releases

Ahh so they were mysteries. Cor, we’re going back years now.

I remember the mystery Disney steels with the big ? On the steels. But again art was always shown well before release date giving you time to cancel if need be

Cheers

Ahh so they were mysteries. Cor, we’re going back years now.

I remember the mystery Disney steels with the big ? On the steels. But again art was always shown well before release date giving you time to cancel if need be

Cheers
The disney ? steelbooks was more fun and not really an issue even when they was unknown release most of us was very likely to order anyway
Fun part was what did I order :LOL:

Reactions: Flloydo
The disney ? steelbooks was more fun and not really an issue even when they was unknown release most of us was very likely to order anyway
Fun part was what did I order :LOL:

Yea I was cool with that.

Also, wasn’t part of the problem with the mystery iron man and cap was because you was charged straight away for the zbox? I think that was a issue. Making it harder to cancel.

But yeah the Disney’s were like ordering a new wwa steelbook today and the art not being shown until just before release. So no different

Yea I was cool with that.

Also, wasn’t part of the problem with the mystery iron man and cap was because you was charged straight away for the zbox? I think that was a issue. Making it harder to cancel.

But yeah the Disney’s were like ordering a new wwa steelbook today and the art not being shown until just before release. So no different
No Zbox payment was not taken until dispatch
What happened was some including me took out a monthly subscription based on what was included in these Mystery Zbox releases
They was good for the contents included but it was the standalone zbox after these that was a mixed bag and was hard to cancel initially for some

Reactions: Flloydo
No Zbox payment was not taken until dispatch
What happened was some including me took out a monthly subscription based on what was included in these Mystery Zbox releases
They was good for the contents included but it was the standalone zbox after these that was a mixed bag and was hard to cancel initially for some

Yep. They were agg. I got that guardians one when they first started and I think a batman one and it was the most painful experience cancelling them

Same as threadz

IRON MAN lenti in box was revealed 3 months before release and was not a 'mystery' for long . . . interested to see how these two new ones play out.