Howard the Duck (Mystery Marvel ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 13, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Zbox + Steelbook) - Zavvi (Steelbook) (Pre Order will be live at 12pm Midday Sunday 25th August UK time)
Price: £29.99 £24.99 (Zbox with Steelbook) - £12.99 (Steelbook)
Notes: Exclusive never released in the UK before Blu-ray SteelBook

ezgif-3-2c35bc7f115f.jpg ezgif-3-b0a3e07b6342.jpg

ezgif-3-1bff66128554.jpg ezgif-3-52fcae9d58dc.jpg

Last edited:
I heard that spirman is played by this guy hom tolland. Yeah suck it Sony becuase we have a spirman

Reactions: Nova
Superhero Spirman got me thinking about some of the other less well-known superheroes with "man" included in their names:-
1) Absorbing Man (Marvel)
2) Amazing Man (DC)
3) Animal Man (DC)
4) Animal-Vegetable-Mineral-Man (DC)
5) Ant- Matter Man (DC)
6) Atomic Man (DC)
7) 7) Bird Man
8) Brahman
9) Cicak Man
10) Cat Man (DC)
11) The Changing Man
12) Cobalt Man (Marvel)
13) Cyronic Man (DC)
14) Dead Man (DC)
15) Devil Man
16) Demolition man
17) Doomsday Man
18) Doorman (Marvel)
19) Dragon Man (DC)
20) Elongated Man (DC)
21) Flatman
22) Floronic Man (DC)
23) Frog-Man
24) Hit-Man (Marvel)
25) Hydro Man (Marvel)
26) Gatchaman
27) Giant Man
28) Gorilla Nan
29) Growing Man (DC)
30) Hawkman (DC)
31) He-Man
32) Hitman
33) Hourman
34) Hydro-Man
35) Iceman (Marvel)
36) Immortal Man (DC)
37) Impossible Man
38) Infinity Man (DC)
39) Lava Man
40) Luck Man
41) The Nega Man (Marvel)
42) Keluang Man
43) Known Man (DC)
44) Machine Man (Marvel)
45) Marvel-Man
46) Mega Man
47) Mighty Man
48) Miracle Man
49) Mole Man (Marvel)
50) Molecule Man (Marvel)
51) Molten Man (Marvel)
52) Multiple Man (Marvel)
53) The Nega Man
54) Night Man
55) Omni-Man
56) One-Punch Man
57) Owl Man (Marvel)
54) Plant Man (Marvel)
55) Plastic Man (Marvel)
56) Power Man
57) Psycho-Man (Marvel)
58) Purple Man
59) Radioactive Man (Marvel)
60) Rag Man (DC)
61) The Resurrection Man
62) Robot Man (DC)
63) Sandman (DC)
64) Signal Man (DC)
65) Shaggy Man (DC)
66) Shaktimann
67) Shaman
68) Shiver Man
67) Skull Man
68) Starman (DC)
69) Stilt-Man
70) Sugar Man
71) Swordsman (Marvel)
72) Talisman
73) Tattoo Man (DC)
74) Tigrerman
75) 3-D Man
76) Titanium Man
77) Tomorrow Man (Marvel)
78) Toy Man (DC)
79) Ultraman (DC)
80) Wonder Man (Marvel)

Etc. . . .

What are the chances this will be Howard the Duck? It's the only way I would buy it, I would want to throw it at someone/thing if it was an animated film. Anyone else notice the release date is the same as Spiderman Far From home 11th November, they only done a 4K release for this, could it be the 2D Blu-ray version?

I don't particularly want any older superhero film.
I know many will disagree but I would quite like it to still be an MCU movie or Deadpool, Venom something like that.

I know the market is flooded with them already but i'm quite a 'contained' collector and selective nowadays with certain movies.

These older superhero films that float around on their own don't really do it for me anymore i.e.
F4, Elektra, Daredevil, The Punisher etc.
I like the newer and fresher larger universe movies under the Marvel studios banner, and one or two others.

I'm quite intrigued about Spirman though.
He's new on the scene.

From a movie standpoint yes, most of the MCU is better than the older films that have a Marvel logo on it somewhere.

The issue for me is that the entire MCU has had numerous steelbooks for every movie. If you go worldwide there must be a dozen for Iron Man, half a dozen for various Avengers instalments and maybe as many for individual titles like Captain America and Thor. Even modern non-MCU entries like X-Men, Deadpool, Logan and Venom have several steelbooks per title.

I'd much rather get a steelbook for something new like Cloak & Dagger, The Defenders or any other Netflix show that hasn't had a release at all on Blu-ray, or something even more left-field like the Reb Brown or Matt Salinger Captain America's, maybe Man-Thing or Punisher: Warzone. Essentially something which hasn't been done to death already.

What are the chances this will be Howard the Duck? It's the only way I would buy it, I would want to throw it at someone/thing if it was an animated film. Anyone else notice the release date is the same as Spiderman Far From home 11th November, they only done a 4K release for this, could it be the 2D Blu-ray version?

slim and yes a lot have mentioned far from home with the release dates marching up

it’s my guess anyway. The Japanese sticker art or German art

Last edited:
Steelbook Com Website he listed this
It’s a live action Marvel movie, though not MCU, and not 4K

If Info he got is correct
Not MCU would rule out been Spider-Man Far from Home as that is MCU

Fact of the matter is we won't know till either zavvi says what it is or someone who ordered it posts what it is. My comments about far from home are simply my theory Paul it doesn't have to be right it was just one of the many possible approaches zavvi could take with this steelbook and It seemed like many others had that same theory especially with the release dates matching ect.

Fact of the matter is we won't know till either zavvi says what it is or someone who ordered it posts what it is. My comments about far from home are simply my theory Paul it doesn't have to be right it was just one of the many possible approaches zavvi could take with this steelbook and It seemed like many others had that same theory especially with the release dates matching ect.
He gets info direct from Zavvi and knows what the steelbook is but is not allowed to release that info until Zavvi tell him it's ok to do so

I know it isn't going to happen, but I'd personally love to see a new/better X-men First Class Steelbook released. I wasn't a fan of the previous faces wave, and the Play.com one had all the ratings logos/back text printed all over it. :whistle:

I messaged zavvi via the live chat. This and the dc mystery steelbooks are connected to the mcu and dcu but couldn't tell me anymore. Sorry I did try to get some info for people who want to know more about this before buying

Well I was just going off the information I had gathered from zavvi which I took screenshots of and posted on here. I'm sorry my theory is incorrect. bringing to wish I kept my opinion to myself now