NBA On-Going Thread Chat

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Who you rootin' for?

Spurs, Thunder or Clippers would be fine by me.

Also wouldnt mind Lebron and Bosh finally getting a ring ... tho I like rootin for underdogs a bit more.

I guess I gotta ultimately go for the "retirement home" Spurs vs. the Clips since Im from Texas ... but I wouldnt be butt hurt if the Clips did come back and take the series ... but they got owned last night.

rooting for the Clippers but don't expect them to get past San Antonio. They barely made it pass Memphis.

Love seeing the Lakers choke AGAIN! Kobe totally gave it away ahahahhahaha.

ANd of course the TNT after show with Chuck, Kenny, EJ and Shaq was hilarious.

I was a Lakers and Bulls fan when I was a kid (contradicting I know, lol). But in all honesty anyone but Miami winning is fine with me as Im a casual NBA fan at end of the day. I just think what the Heat have going on in Miami is F'ed up and Im not a big LBJ fan. All the greats did it with a supporting cast (albeit in some cases awesome supporting casts) not gang up with multiple superstars to win a championship. I was so happy when the Mav's won last year. So much heart in that team and they deserved to win IMO.

Too bad the Bulls got knocked out first round and Rose got injured. Im a big Derrick Rose fan. I thought it was awesome when everyone else came out dancing and prancing and Derrick Rose was just cool, calm and composed at the All-Stars. Hopefully the Lakers can turn it around in this series.

I think the Spurs will win but I am rooting for Thunder vs Heat with Thunder taking the ring home. It's starting to look like it could be Celtics vs Spurs snoozefest.

ugh what a way to throw that game. Wreck choking would mean no rings, count them again and comeback with a better one... ;)

No, you can choke a game .... and kobe blew that game. He said it himself if his own conceded words by saying that they did unconventional things like jumping in the passing lane and getting steals ... he wasnt used to that; thus he didnt anticipate it and threw sloppy passes thinking they wouldnt jump up for it .... ie. he could then break right to the goal ....well KD is lanky and he has length so he underestimated him and thus CHOKED ... esp with not being able to catch that pass and it went out of bounds. Blake missed the 3, but thats cause kobe couldnt get open.

I was a Lakers and Bulls fan when I was a kid (contradicting I know, lol). But in all honesty anyone but Miami winning is fine with me as Im a casual NBA fan at end of the day. I just think what the Heat have going on in Miami is F'ed up and Im not a big LBJ fan. All the greats did it with a supporting cast (albeit in some cases awesome supporting casts) not gang up with multiple superstars to win a championship. I was so happy when the Mav's won last year. So much heart in that team and they deserved to win IMO.

Yup, Bulls and Rockets fan here growing up. So i still got a soft spot in my heart for Bulls.

I think the Spurs will win but I am rooting for Thunder vs Heat with Thunder taking the ring home. It's starting to look like it could be Celtics vs Spurs snoozefest.
If it was Thunder vs. HEAT and Thunder won ...... wow, it would make the stars of Thunder into megastars.

lol @ snoozefest .... I think it would be much more entertaining pitting them both against each other as I think they got some "rondo-stoppers" on their team. As for Celtics, its funny cause I like a lot of them as players and was happy when they first came together and won but now they are boring to watch as its same old stuff. Nothing dynamic like watching Thunder or Clippers.

Going to see the celts vs sixers on Monday.

Got tickets in the 10th row. EEK! :scat: :oohyeah:

Andy that sounds awesome!
The only live playoff game experience I had was the last time the Clipper's made it to the playoffs against Denver. I believe we still had Elton Brand on the team.

Going to see the celts vs sixers on Monday.

Got tickets in the 10th row. EEK! :scat: :oohyeah:

Sweet, how'd ya manage that? Somethin' with the wifey in Boston? My guess is that game will be the Celtics puttin the nail on the 76ers...

Andy that sounds awesome!
The only live playoff game experience I had was the last time the Clipper's made it to the playoffs against Denver. I believe we still had Elton Brand on the team.

I went to a bunch when the Rockets won the championships in 94-95 / 95-96

Sweet, how'd ya manage that? Somethin' with the wifey in Boston? My guess is that game will be the Celtics puttin the nail on the 76ers...

The president of my company stopped by and asked me + 3 coworkers if we wanted tickets.

Said he can't go. :eek:

The president of my company stopped by and asked me + 3 coworkers if we wanted tickets.

Said he can't go. :eek:

Now that's awesome! Hopefully it also came with free parking:D

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

I went to a bunch when the Rockets won the championships in 94-95 / 95-96

Wow that must have been awesome. I think Horry was still on the team right?

Wow that must have been awesome. I think Horry was still on the team right?

Yeah, I got the starting 5 from the first championship autographed in person on Topps Finest Cards. Horry, Vernon Maxwell, Kenny Smith, Otis Thorpe and Hakeem. Then I got a basketball with Drexler, Barkley and 2 others. I met Horry at a couple signings and he was a very nice man. I also went to Sam Cassel's basket ball camp when i was a teen. :p

taking the train down, it stops right below the fleet center. $32.50 for a round trip ticket. :scat:

Well looks to be a good one since the 76ers pulled off the win ... I still expect Boston to win tho tonight. HAVE FUN and carry a hidefninja sign :hilarious:

Well looks to be a good one since the 76ers pulled off the win ... I still expect Boston to win tho tonight. HAVE FUN and carry a hidefninja sign :hilarious:

Definitely should be a good one! Will be tired tomorrow - don't get back until 1:30 or so.

I've been waiting for my HDN polo shirt, so I can wear it to work and occasions like this. ;) :drool:

Yeah, I got the starting 5 from the first championship autographed in person on Topps Finest Cards. Horry, Vernon Maxwell, Kenny Smith, Otis Thorpe and Hakeem. Then I got a basketball with Drexler, Barkley and 2 others. I met Horry at a couple signings and he was a very nice man. I also went to Sam Cassel's basket ball camp when i was a teen. :p

Wow that's pretty cool. The only significant autograph I was able to get when I use to collect cards was Magic Johnson's. They were holding a summer pro league for the NBA at UCI and he was their watching a game with his wife. I think this was when Nick Van Exel was still a rookie. Anyways he was real nice and he personalized it too. Autographed on his 1991 Upper Deck Card where he was backing down Jordan. Pretty nice I must say just wish I knew where I packed it:(
Man didn't you think when you first saw Sam Cassel that he was half alien or something. He would have been perfect as an extra on Prometheus or any of the Alien films.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Definitely should be a good one! Will be tired tomorrow - don't get back until 1:30 or so.

I've been waiting for my HDN polo shirt, so I can wear it to work and occasions like this. ;) :drool:

That would have been awesome and if you made a huge Hidefninja sign I'm sure they will get you some tv time. :D