Need an AGP card to replace my aging 9600xt

Apr 2, 2009
any ideas, or got anything laying around you can give me? i did see agp is still getting some love with a new release coming soon. but a $120 price tag is way too much for a system i don't plan to have around all too long.

i can't afford the system i want, and an athlon64 chip isn't TOO old. so i figure hey why not

what do you guys think?

I have a cheap AMD 64 machine for my sis. If you would of asked 3 months ago for an agp I might of had something. Those AMD 64 chips are very cheap I'd go for it if I wasn't keeping the system for long.

after looking on ebay i was reminded i can get a dual core chip with my mobo. woohoo.

shame i can't find a chip cheap enough to suit me tho

oh yea..forgot to respond. well from what i could tell from a quick google search that card isn't any better than what i've got. but if you just wanna get rid of it..i could throw it into a spare pc i've got :p

i think you are right actually,

but wait some more, have to find out from my son inlaw what he did with old puter i built him, in it is a 6200 ultra, which is one of the top AGP cards out there, but i dont know if he gave away puter or not, lol..................

ok,
my son inlaw tells me he has given the video card out and is letteing a friend using it, lol
sorry xtop,
best bet is get a part time job, build a totally new, low end system......lol

i think i have an AGP card sitting around at my parents house all boxed up. i was going to give it to my friend who is getting married this weekend, but that fell thru. I can go check on it for you this week before i leave for the wedding if your still looking for one. im almost sure its a 512Mb card too.

i think i have an AGP card sitting around at my parents house all boxed up. i was going to give it to my friend who is getting married this weekend, but that fell thru. I can go check on it for you this week before i leave for the wedding if your still looking for one. im almost sure its a 512Mb card too.

yea let me know..thanks :)