Need feedback for a future Mondo X

Jun 4, 2015
Hey everyone,
I have been working on what will likely be Mondo X #012 (so far the last of the year but always chasing incredible titles so might sneak in one more LOL)...
The art is really nice but not character-based - so imagine a landscape - but I am torn about the title placement. It is proposed to run vertical across the mid-right of the front. It looks cool but it breaks up the art. I proposed back doing top corner where it's not on the landscape. One of the suggestions was to put the title on the sleeve and leave it off the cover (the title is on the spine). I know its kind of lame to throw this out without any visuals but any feedback today would be appreciated - we have not had vertical titles before - yes to vertical title? ok to break up the art with a vertical title? ok to go no title except spine and do title on sleeve? Keep title similar to rest of series - in a corner? Thanks everyone!

Personally, i like steelbook with no title ( title on the spin ) !

aw_ce_atlaspro_08_steel-book-1024x768.png

Last edited:
IMO the title covering the main artwork on the steelbook itself is kinda of a waste so i guess on the sleeve it would be alright or any other choice is better.

Hey everyone,
I have been working on what will likely be Mondo X #012 (so far the last of the year but always chasing incredible titles so might sneak in one more LOL)...
The art is really nice but not character-based - so imagine a landscape - but I am torn about the title placement. It is proposed to run vertical across the mid-right of the front. It looks cool but it breaks up the art. I proposed back doing top corner where it's not on the landscape. One of the suggestions was to put the title on the sleeve and leave it off the cover (the title is on the spine). I know its kind of lame to throw this out without any visuals but any feedback today would be appreciated - we have not had vertical titles before - yes to vertical title? ok to break up the art with a vertical title? ok to go no title except spine and do title on sleeve? Keep title similar to rest of series - in a corner? Thanks everyone!
I will attempt to answer ALL your questions :D
- Yes to vertical title
- Not ok to break up the art with a vertical title
- Ok to go no title except spine and sleeve
- Keep the title similar to rest of the series works as well, but not necessary
Hope that answers all :)

In your opinion, if the art is simply breathtaking or at least close to that level, then I highly recommend going with no title except spine and sleeve

I think a title can be vertical as long as it doesn't cover the artwork. It's probably best on the slip though and put the title on the spine. Thanks for letting us have some input on this @BBYCMichael! :)

Reactions: IRON MAN
I think it's great that you've asked for feedback on this. :notworthy:

Personally I'd be fine with the title only being on the spine and the slip. I trust your judgement though, and sometimes you just need to let the artwork speak for itself. It worked really well with the recent Mondo True Detective steelbook...

TD.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MrBMT
I really hope this title could be Back to the Future. With their 30th anniv it's a perfect time. The Laurent Durieux print's are gorgeous. The title on the spine and slipcase is perfect. No need to put the title on the front if it doesn't make sense. Good Luck!!