Multi Need for Speed: Rivals

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
AllDrive - New in Need for Speed Rivals, AllDrive destroys the line between single player and multiplayer gameplay. Seamlessly join a world where your friends are already racing and chasing. No lobbies. No waiting. Paths will cross as races and pursuits collide, creating a world where no two moments or events will ever be the same.

High-Stakes Rivalry - Racers are lone wolves out for their own glory; driving agile cars built for high speed racing and epic chases. Cops work in teams to hunt down and bust racers using the full power of the police force. Switch roles at any time and watch the stakes grow in an all-new scoring system that lets you put your speed points on the line to earn even greater rewards.
Pursuit and Evasion Tech - Intense racing moments are made even more thrilling with access to technology and upgrades customized to each side of the law. Racers can choose evasion technology from jammers to electromagnetic pulses. Cops are outfitted for aggressive busts with shockwaves, roadblocks, helicopter support and more. No matter the side you choose, use technology to keep you one step ahead of your rivals.

Your Car, Your Identity - Power up your car with the latest performance upgrades and technology, and personalize your car with fresh paintjobs, liveries, custom license plates, rims, and decals to show off your style to your friends and rivals. Save different configurations and keep a variety of car packages available to leave your mark no matter the situation.

Purchase Links:
Amazon
GameStop
Bust Buy
Zavvi

Last edited by a moderator:
haha i havent really played a NFS game since Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit :D. But Rivals looks really fun. :)

Well I took this video and downloaded it from FB and then re-uploaded it to YT and by golly the damn Content ID kicked in and stripped all my audio out of the video which in turn takes not only the song playing in the background but also the sound effects of the sports car. :angry:

This is a learning lesson though, before I decide to do another video capture I'll just turn the in-game music off and just have SFX only. No big deal really, over the sound of the engine you can barely hear the music anyways. :thumbs:

At least you can still follow the link and view it on FB. :)

EDIT: I was perplexed; so I decided to turn my in-game music all the way off and just have SFX and Dynamics on at 100%. Next I went on a race and afterwards went to preview my captured video. NO AUDIO! I was like what the hell is going on? :wtf: I messed with all kinds of in-game settings and still nothing. I even restarted the PS4 and nada. So I decided to think outside the box. I went to my system audio settings and evidently if you have your audio set to Bitstream (Dolby) you get no SFX during a video capture but if you change it to Linear PCM then you get all your SXF during a video capture. There's still SFX Dynamics during game play but just not during a video capture.

Incidentally I had it set to Bitstream (Dolby) because I was using my Astro A40 headset system. I wonder if this is a bug that needs to be addressed? Anyways if anybody else is faced with similar problems that they now know where to start looking because of this post.

Last edited:
Nice video, Acid... I've always been a fan of the NFS games (Underground and Most Wanted on the PS2 are my personal favourites - my dad still even plays MW on the PS2 today), and this one looks to be just as good as the previous titles. I'll definitely be picking it up once I get a PS4. Thanks for sharing! :thumbs:

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Nice video, Acid... I've always been a fan of the NFS games (Underground and Most Wanted on the PS2 are my personal favourites - my dad still even plays MW on the PS2 today), and this one looks to be just as good as the previous titles. I'll definitely be picking it up once I get a PS4. Thanks for sharing! :thumbs:

Hopefully I can add some videos of my races to my YT channel. There is a workaround as for uploading to YT even though it's not an option on the PS4 or NFS Rivals; YET. You can upload to Facebook then download the video and then upload to YT. The only drawback is the videos are 720p and not 1080p. Plus I have to turn in-game music off and just have SFX because of YT's strict Content ID policies.

It is fun and there is a lot of stuff to do in it. So far imo it is the best NFS game to date. A ton of different challenges and unlike NFS Hot Pursuit your able to upgrade your car with better overall upgrades to suspension, body, engine, etc. Also it's fun as hell to run from the cops. :D

It is a great game.. but it totally lacks any fun in multiplayer. So far nobody has been able to replicate the fun of burnout paradise.

hrm I haven't heard of that one, I'll have to check it out and see if I like it.

Update: Well checked out a video on YT of Burnout Paradise and it looks bad ass. :drool: I can't believe I've never heard of it before now. Too bad it's not out for the PS4. :(

Last edited:
It is a great game.. but it totally lacks any fun in multiplayer. So far nobody has been able to replicate the fun of burnout paradise.

do we have an echo in here?

It's an honor to be plagiarized.