Need Help Purchasing Vinyl from Japan

Shadow of Light

The Finite Ninja
Premium Supporter
Mar 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hello,

Another request to acquire a "musical" item :)

This time it is the following:

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe (Remixes) (Yellow Marble Variant)

Label: Not On Label (Carly Rae Jepsen) ‎– CARLYCALL001
Format: Vinyl, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM, Unofficial Release
Released: 2012
Genre: Electronic, Pop
Style: Big Beat
Price: ¥950

http://www.technique.co.jp/item/95688,CARLYCALL001.html

This seems to be sold out everywhere I've looked except the site above. When I tried to do the registration, however, it seems like they only ship to Japan.

CARLYCALL001_1.JPG CARLYCALL001_2.JPG

The vinyl has some exclusive tracks that I haven't been able to find elsewhere.

EDIT: looks like it actually isn't available on the website, but the company would try to source a copy. Still looking to get this and anyone that can help, would much be appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited:
This seems to be sold out everywhere I've looked except the site above. When I tried to do the registration, however, it seems like they only ship to Japan.

They don't actually have it in stock. What they say they'll do is try and import it from overseas for you. Usually takes 3-5 weeks. But if they can't get it, they will refund your money and cancel your order.

Reactions: Shadow of Light
They don't actually have it in stock. What they say they'll do is try and import it from overseas for you. Usually takes 3-5 weeks. But if they can't get it, they will refund your money and cancel your order.

Ahh ... OK. Thanks for that. Guess I'll change the OP then. Thought I had it in the bag when it allowed me to add to the cart :)

Cheers!

Oh, that's sad, hhv doesn't has this listed either. If they're running out of stock they usually press more on a different/random color, but this release is a bit old so i doubt they'll do it again. There used to be some czech bootleg sellers on discogs. Maybe you can message one of those and ask for a copy.

Yeah. I checked on Discogs and there is a long waiting list for this of people who have placed this on their wants list. This is actually an "unofficial" Czech release which I was not aware of until recently. Thanks!

This release screams bootleg all over. Do yourself a favor and don't pay much more than retail price, it isn't really worth the hassle. I bought two of these months or even years ago (Acid Rap & Exmilitary), although it's nice to have these on vinyl it isn't something i'm proud to own. The jackets are super flimsy and even an untrained ear will recognize that those pressings are mp3 sourced.

Thanks for the heads up @Spike Anderson. I do realize that this is an "unofficial" pressing and was hoping to get it so that I can rip the tracks since they don't exist in any other format than MP3 already. Considering, if these were indeed pressed from MP3s already, I will definitely keep in mind the price. Still, would be nice to have a physical copy in my hands rather than pure digital! :)