Horror-Theatrical Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 - In theaters TBA (cancelled)

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
From IMDB

Check out the full story on the HDN home page here!

Alien Xeno.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahem! South African here!

Yes, his 3 movies have bared a familiar scar however Blomkamp has made it his vision on Alien in high respect to that of the first two movies.

There wont be a District 9 feel to it & Ripley wont be landing in Johannesburg either.

Reactions: ripclaw and C.C. 95

Yes, his 3 movies have bared a familiar scar however Blomkamp has made it his vision on Alien in high respect to that of the first two movies.

There wont be a District 9 feel to it & Ripley wont be landing in Johannesburg either.
I can't wait! I actually couldn't have thought of a better director for it (maybe Kosinski).
I'm waiting with bated breath to see how he can bring back characters for this story line. Is he just going to ignore the existence of 3 and 4? Who knows. But I do know he has a deep love and respect for the first two films- and that makes me thrilled. (As a deep and lifelong fan of the series- it doesn't bother me AT ALL if he ignores 3 and 4!) And keep in mind- Ridley Scott in no way was contractually obligated to have anything to do with this- and yet he is producing...That's a very good thing.:thumbs:
(...And South Africa will be represented!! There is no way Sharlto Copley isn't in this! I'd bet my house on that!)

Reactions: Flloydo

Mate not really a bad word to say about him. District 9 was extremelty ballsy and to have his best mate and unknown who is now superstar actor and Neill as director. He's come along way and although I wasnt a massive fan of Elysium I can still watch it, had great ideas, great bad guy, effects were great (and I thought the remaking the head part was so great to do in a stop motion style) I can't wait for chappie and I'm over the moon about him and alien. I messaged my mate about alien earlier with all the stuff about it and he's hard to please, they are his favourite films and it ends at aliens for him but he's up for this too. He liked the concept art.

I also think that this will have a conmpletely different look to his other films and it won't be all South African-y but I'm also hoping sharlto is apart of the film. Maybe an android lol. He would fit into an android role, another villain, a cool hard arse of the crew. Just don't want him in it for 5 mins as a suit or something

Reactions: C.C. 95 and denizen
Theres no doubt Copley will be in it. Its his signature thing. Like Raimi & Campbell.

I suspect this will follow a very Cameronesque feel but unless they establish the existence of 3&4 it will still agravate & frustrate a lot of ppl.

I guess we will have to wait & see what he comes up with.

Reactions: C.C. 95 and Flloydo
Another South African here.

I get this nagging feeling that 3 & 4 will be discarded from the mythos entirely. Unless....Biehn's character has been cloned, similar to what was done to Ripley in 4.

And yes, it will be awesome!

#ProudlySouthAfrican

Reactions: denizen
Blomkamp says that he wants this to be the genetic sibling to 'Alien', so it'd be 'Alien', 'Aliens' and then this film. Sounds like he wants to ignore Alien 3 and Resurrection -- possibly just making them some sort of hypersleep nightmare. Weaver says that she's excited to give Ripley the proper send-off.

Ignoring 3 & 4 makes sense, otherwise they would have to use the clone with alien abilities which is a bit silly.

Besides, this is a chance for the mistakes of the 3rd to be corrected. Namely killing off Newt & Hicks for no good reason!

I have been waiting for like 20 years for this to finally happend. Bring back Hicks! I know he look a bit older now but e made the movie so much more entertaining!

I'm usually not too thrilled about sequels / prequels being made for classics. However, District 9 was pretty much perfect, and Elysium was still far ahead of most of Hollywood's sludge of the past decade. I also get the impression this guy really appreciates and admires the first two films and has a lot of passion for this project. The fact that he kept it from Fox until he had a solid and fleshed out story, some serious artwork and Sigourney's nod...just makes a lot of sense to me.

After the Prometheus disaster, i'm excited to see this guy taking a shot at creating something great for this franchise.

His contributon to the series is promissing, but i hope there will be different visual style than District - Elysium - Chappie.
I am already tired of it..

The next alien movie is gonna be make or break from him. He has a distinct style that fits like a glove with the whole alien mythology but the expectations are gonna be pretty high because of that. I hope he brings something interesting to the table.