Horror-Theatrical Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 - In theaters TBA (cancelled)

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
From IMDB

Check out the full story on the HDN home page here!

Alien Xeno.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooooooo......we'll have Old Hicks and Old Ripley but a Young or older Newt and this will take place after the events of Aliens and won't interfere with part 3 and 4???

Soooooooo......we'll have Old Hicks and Old Ripley but a Young or older Newt and this will take place after the events of Aliens and won't interfere with part 3 and 4???
Not entirely know at this point what he is planning to do. It seem like he is either going to ignore 3 and 4 ever happened or craft this one in a way to give an excuse for 3/4 such as a dream/time rift dual universe or some kind of crayziness lol. We will just have to wait and see.

Reactions: ocielz
Not entirely know at this point what he is planning to do. It seem like he is either going to ignore 3 and 4 ever happened or craft this one in a way to give an excuse for 3/4 such as a dream/time rift dual universe or some kind of crayziness lol. We will just have to wait and see.
Hey, who said they couldn't wake out of cryosleep and have another adventure and then go back to sleep?
Anyway, these guys get paid to come up with inventing stuff (better stuff) we can't think of.
Cloning and Dreaming are LAME. Us 'normal folks' can come up with that.
Be geniuses, and dream up something awesome.:p

i think he just going to ignore parts 3 and 4. I understand that. but I have love for those 2 too.

anyway : more aliens the merrier.

Oh yeah, forgot he was a goner, it says something you like a character so much that you wish he wasnt dead.

I don't mind Scott producing, actually i'm glad...
animated-alien-and-extraterrestrial-image-0012.gif

Oh! Me too!! Hell yeah!
It is just interesting because it is really his first re-association with the ALIEN franchise since his first ALIEN.
(If you count Prometheus as more of an offshoot).
Spartan-vs-Facehugger.gif

Last edited:
Farscape-Scorpius[1].jpg
animated-alien-and-extraterrestrial-image-0012.gif

Oh! Me too!! Hell yeah!
It is just interesting because it is really his first re-association with the ALIEN franchise since his first ALIEN.
(If you count Prometheus as more of an offshoot).

This is good news, very good news, but here is something that is bothering me regarding the Ripley artwork images released recently, something was bothering me, nagging me even about that face, then I realised what it was, you see i've seen that before, as Scorpius in the Farscape TV show... I cannot look at it without seeing Scorpius...

Last edited:
It's surreal to think that Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn are returning to their roles. I have mixed feelings about Blomkamp directing, time will tell.
The only other guy I would think to do it would be Duncan Jones. But, yeah, please let there be a producer who can put a stop Blomkamps tendencies to preach his political beliefs in his movies. I don't need an alien movie about aliens that are being exploited by 'the man' (Weyland-Yutani).

Reactions: Ill be back
Fox has officially put Alien 5 on hold... because of Alien: Paradise Lost (Prometheus 2). Blomkamp is moving on to other projects in the meantime.

Reactions: Flloydo
When you step back and take a look at the bigger picture, it kind of makes sense.
Ridley is coming off one of his biggest sci-fi hits. Blompkamp has only done 3 films- the last two which have been colossal failures.
20th Century Fox obviously only wants to bet on one at the moment. Who do you go with? The living legend director (who created this entire universe in the first place) coming off a hit movie- or a newbie who is, at best, fighting for his right to get financing for anything based on his last two failures?
I am very interested in the Blomkamp idea making it to the screen- but I understand the logic behind this move.
And, after all, his idea for a quasi-sequel, is still questionable in its logic (storywise).
The bigger question, at this point, is this- if Scott's film is a success, will they not want to continue with that story arc for more films rather than go back to Blomkamp's idea? And, conversely- if Scott's movie fails- will that not effectively kill their desire to fund Blomkamp's idea?

Fox has officially put Alien 5 on hold... because of Alien: Paradise Lost (Prometheus 2). Blomkamp is moving on to other projects in the meantime.
Yup. Why not just go ahead with both? It's not like Sigourney Weaver is getting any younger. It's turning out to be a bad news year as far as film sequels go... for me, anyway. First Pacific Rim 2 and now this.
This is fu**ing bullsh*t! :mad: :banghead: I was really looking forward to this! :squint: :(

Oh well... :meh: