Horror-Theatrical Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 - In theaters TBA (cancelled)

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
From IMDB

Check out the full story on the HDN home page here!

Alien Xeno.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridley Scott Says Neill Blomkamp’s ‘Alien 5’ Is Dead
Source: Collider
It’s been a while since we’ve heard much about Blomkamp’s proposed movie, and now Scott himself confirms that it’s dead in an interview with Allocine (via CBR):

“There was never a screenplay, just an idea that evolved into a pitch of 10 pages…I was always just a producer, but it didn’t go any further because Fox decided that it didn’t want to do it.”
:(

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles and Drum18
I suspect once the fans become vocal about this idea not going forward to Fox they will change their minds.
Let's start a petition to get this off the ground.... If we make it clear to Fox we want the film they might relent

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I suspect once the fans become vocal about this idea not going forward to Fox they will change their minds.
Let's start a petition to get this off the ground.... If we make it clear to Fox we want the film they might relent
I'll sign the petition! :thumbs:

To be fair, it seems that 20th CENTURY FOX more than Scott put the kibosh on this.
Their history over the last 20 years has been horrendous. (No True Lies, Abyss Blu rays - Speed and Die Hard have not been remastered yet...the list goes on)

I think Fox need to be told how much fans would want to see basically Aliens 2.....
it would certainly bring in some needed money and you'd get my arse on a cinema seat for that one.....

Had a feeling this would happen but still a shame. Hopefully picks up again at some point

bad news — that Alien 5 is not happening — isn’t a huge surprise considering Ridley Scott has taken back ownership of the sci-fi horror franchise with Prometheus and Alien: Covenant (and if he has his way, he won’t be relinquishing it any time soon). He told The Verge:

I think it’s totally dead, yes. That would be an accurate assumption at this point. It’s sad. I spent a long time working on that, and I feel like it was really pretty awesome. But politically, the way it’s gone now, and the way that it all is — it’s just not going to live.

Blomkamp clarified what he meant by “politically,” saying that Ridley’s latest Alien films set the franchise down a different path than Blomkamp had expected, and he wanted to be “respectful and not go stamping around in this world that he created.” You may remember that Blomkamp’s idea was a direct sequel to James Cameron’s Aliens that ignored the events of the controversial Alien 3, a choice that left fans of the series divided.

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
Shame, as Blomkamp's version sounded like it was going back to the roots and actually got me excited about Alien again. But oh well, at least it has a silver lining since he's now concentrating on a District 9 sequel! :woot:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and kaw
Shame, as Blomkamp's version sounded like it was going back to the roots and actually got me excited about Alien again. But oh well, at least it has a silver lining since he's now concentrating on a District 9 sequel! :woot:

Agreed. This would have been much more interesting than Alien Covenant was.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles

Is he really working on district 10? (Assuming that's what it's called after they are moved on to the other camp)

Wonder if Christopher comes back?!

Is he really working on district 10? (Assuming that's what it's called after they are moved on to the other camp)

Wonder if Christopher comes back?!

"With District 9, I plan on making another film in that world. To go back and work with WETA, and make the film would be cool, but anything that pre-exists like that may not be the best fit for whatever we’re trying here."

So sounds like it might not be a direct sequel, but just another film that take takes place in the District 9 Universe.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
"With District 9, I plan on making another film in that world. To go back and work with WETA, and make the film would be cool, but anything that pre-exists like that may not be the best fit for whatever we’re trying here."

So sounds like it might not be a direct sequel, but just another film that take takes place in the District 9 Universe.

Oh! Well I think he should re vist what pre exists. Elysium was crap (shartlo was the only good part) and chappie was ok not great, but I've only seen it once, district is by far his best work so maybe it would help him to go back lol

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw