Neon Genesis Evangelion (Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Sep 5, 2014
Wisconsin
Release date: December 6, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £79.99

ezgif-3-0cbaa2e90541.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Official Dub & Subtitles: Episodes 1-26, Evangelion: Death (True)2 And The End Of Evangelion
  • Classic Dub & Subtitles: Episodes 1-26, Evangelion: Death (True)2 And The End Of Evangelion
  • TV Series bonus features: Animatic collection, TV commercials, TV Premiere Promos, Japanese Voice Auditions, Genesis 0:0 IN THE BEGINNING, Image Board Collection, Japanese Blu-ray Box Commercial, Music videos: The Cruel Angel’s Thesis, Genesis 0:0’ THE LIGHT FROM THE DARKNESS
  • The End Of Evangelion: Deleted Live Action Scene, Making Of Live Action Scene, Theatrical Teaser, Theatrical Trailer, Tv Spots, Final Scene Alternate Take, Full Song - Musunde Hiraite, Episode:25’ Love Is Destructive. (Partial Animatic), Music Videos: ‘soul’s Refrain’ / Yoko Takahashi, ‘thanatos – If I Can’t Be Yours’ / Loren & Mash, ‘armageddon’ / Shiro Sagisu And ‘memories Of Heaven’ / Megumi Hayashibara. Video Format Version Of The End Of Evangelion.

Shame the art sucks but I could really do without all the extra tat and massive size of the UE so this is the version I sprung for. Classic dub is a must though I won't retire my platinum collection.

Don't need all the extra tat that comes with the Ultimate Edition but I'm so attached to that OG dub that it's non-negotiable. Ordered.

Big pass for me, very plain and dull for a "Collectors Edition". I am only interested in the ADV dub, hopefully it gets a separate release at some point but for now I'll just stick with my DVDs
If you did not look at the bottom of the image, it clearly says artwork is subject to change. Meaning not final. They just wanted to get a jump on pre-orders since the Ultimate edition is selling very quickly.

If you did not look at the bottom of the image, it clearly says artwork is subject to change. Meaning not final. They just wanted to get a jump on pre-orders since the Ultimate edition is selling very quickly.

Subject to change, but very rarely do you see a drastic change in art for box sets. The price is just way too high, there would need be a lot more extras to even tempt me to get it.

Wonder why the sudden price drop? Also will my current preorder adjust automatically or should I cancel and reorder? Never had this situation with Zavvi, only Amazon.

Edit: cancelled and reordered. Can't take the risk with Zavvi.

Last edited:
Wonder why the sudden price drop? Also will my current preorder adjust automatically or should I cancel and reorder? Never had this situation with Zavvi, only Amazon.

I cancelled and reordered too for the same reason

I am still on the fence about this release though. I really don’t understand why they have committed so many discs for the same series, only with a different audio track.

Part of me wants to save myself £20 and just go for the standard release. I wouldn’t consider myself such a purist that anything other than the original dub is unwatchable.

I wish all the audio tracks would come as standard, as I don’t think it justifies this “collectors edition” tag.

But 79.99 is a hell of a lot more appealing than 124.99. Especially for what is almost a set of duplicate discs

The HMV exclusive slip might be more sensible for me

Reactions: MrSquifler

Zavvi don't auto reduce price in your order like Amazon
You have contact them after order has been shipped to get pre order price promise refund

It's best just to reorder first at reduced price and then cancel older order

Yes, £79.99 down on my account. jeez, zavvi are really aggressive with the early charging of items.

had an ordeal with them recently, took over 14 days to get a refund on returned items.

I really think they charge items early just to prevent cancellation close to the STATED release day.

an entire month early. in this case I dont mind since im actually excited about this release. but bad practice

Charged as well, order status changed to awaiting dispatch. Zavvi normally charges early but this is ridiculous, even for them. Is it possible that they're aiming to step up the release date?