New Comic Book Day (NCBD) & Latest Pick Up Haul!

@kryptonite and I just got a bunch last night , I knew of this store in Texas, and they just opened one not long ago here in my city. Half Price Books. Found a ton for cheap. $2 back issues and some even clearance 50 cents.

site shows one in IL as well, fyi

Thanks! It seems there is one near my work. Time to raid the store...lol

Thanks! It seems there is one near my work. Time to raid the store...lol
Just hit up another one on my travels to Texas .... (oklahoma) and man, different prices, even better .... said half off original price unless otherwise marked .... so some old stuff i was finding for like $1 cover would then be 50 cents, and 75 cent ones half that. Most the modern stuff then $2 from 4 cover ...........

BUT ............ she didnt want start doing all that math so just marked them all $1 .... got 25.

will post those pics later in week.

I hit up a bunch of Half Price Book stores while in Texas this past week when traveling. Oklahoma too. I bought over 100 comics, which is pretty crazy for me considering the size of my collection is not all that big so it just grew immensely.

Right smack dab next to one store was Bedrock City Comics so I had to go in there. Obviously not quite as much the treasure hunt, but was able to score some cool ones and bought that tales from suspense with Cap duking it out with Black Panther and then the origin of t'challa Avengers one there. They were fairly priced.

I'll see about some mass pics here maybe tomorrow with like 20+ in a shot or something to see the score.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I hit up a bunch of Half Price Book stores while in Texas this past week when traveling. Oklahoma too. I bought over 100 comics, which is pretty crazy for me considering the size of my collection is not all that big so it just grew immensely.

Right smack dab next to one store was Bedrock City Comics so I had to go in there. Obviously not quite as much the treasure hunt, but was able to score some cool ones and bought that tales from suspense with Cap duking it out with Black Panther and then the origin of t'challa Avengers one there. They were fairly priced.

I'll see about some mass pics here maybe tomorrow with like 20+ in a shot or something to see the score.

Next time we do a MondoCon, we should hit up some Austin comic shops. :thumbs:

Reactions: raspor
I visited one while I was there, found while walking on pub crawl, dont know what its called but coulld look it up, I kind of remember where it was :rolleyes:

Ok so here was my traveling haul
iOS Image - 3410281103.jpg
iOS Image - 258235105.jpg
iOS Image - 297636282.jpg
iOS Image - 3776029759.jpg
iOS Image - 3775041003.jpg

• Thanks
Damn, man -- now THAT is a haul!

A lot of awesome, memorable issues in there that I also own. The Brian Azzarello/Cliff Chiang Wonder Woman is a great story, so you're in for a treat with that one. Same with Geoff Johns/Carlos Pacheco's Green Lantern.

I have that Final Days Punisher arc and it was killer! A lot of memories of trading comics with kids in public school so I could get all those issues (that #54 cover is just so iconic to me).

You have one of my all-time favourite runs of Wolverine covers there. Adam and Andy Kubert killed on the book then (Adam did most of it). #90 is one of my all-time favourite cover. Adam's art painted by the Hildebrandt Brothers is incredible! And that little run of black, red, and white covers is gorgeous!

Love those Joker covers!

And crazy that you got both issues of Hulk's Future Imperfect there! That's a hell of a find! :thumbs:

@Wreck

thanks bud. slight few ebay scores in there, but yeah mostly all from the hauls.

those hulk future imperfects were half off cover.

• Thanks