New Comic Book Day (NCBD) & Latest Pick Up Haul!

12_edf6a95f-52f5-4772-8802-3a74578d00f2_large.jpg

ordered that!
https://goldenapplecomics.com/colle...cc-2099-alex-ross-variant-san-diego-comic-con

Finally made it into my LCBS to desperately clean out my back-issues of Immortal Hulk and Infinite Dark. Also picked up new Image #1s -- Reaver, Sea of Stars, and Unearth -- as well as Giant-Size X-Statix #1 from Marvel.

IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1932.JPG

Reactions: Wreck
I'm still working my way backwards with Immortal Hulk! The new X-Statix caught me by surprise for sure. Let me know how it is. Also let me know how those other Image titles are as well....I'm always down for something new and interesting!

Finally made it into my LCBS to desperately clean out my back-issues of Immortal Hulk and Infinite Dark. Also picked up new Image #1s -- Reaver, Sea of Stars, and Unearth -- as well as Giant-Size X-Statix #1 from Marvel.

View attachment 439472View attachment 439473View attachment 439474

Reactions: tridon
I need to hit up the LCS soon, next week likely ... I may have a couple books there.

Should have a big haul like late August as that is when my last books from latest round from Golden Apple will ship. I like them the best cause they pack it like a mad man, and I order without paying shipping and once you hit like $100 they ship for free. Books dont come at the LCS discount for subs or cheap as Unknown but quality is much better. I dont have many LCS options where im at.

• Informative
I'm still working my way backwards with Immortal Hulk! The new X-Statix caught me by surprise for sure. Let me know how it is. Also let me know how those other Image titles are as well....I'm always down for something new and interesting!

I couldn't really get into Reaver. It has cool artwork, but it's REALLY wordy. Like, I don't think I've read a comic with that many word bubbles since the last time I read Alan Moore or Neil Gaiman. If you like violent fantasy tales, you may dig it.

Unearth was intriguing -- the artwork and story was quite creepy. I'm on the fence whether I'm going to try another issue... I'm intrigued to keep reading, but there's already SO many great books out there to read.

Sea of Stars was quite good. I like the story and the artwork/colours are fantastic! Definitely the best out of the three new titles. As for Infinite Dark, I loved the first three issues, so I'm on the book for the long haul. I believe they're taking a break now, so there's time to catch up. :thumbs:

I need to hit up the LCS soon, next week likely ... I may have a couple books there.

Should have a big haul like late August as that is when my last books from latest round from Golden Apple will ship. I like them the best cause they pack it like a mad man, and I order without paying shipping and once you hit like $100 they ship for free. Books dont come at the LCS discount for subs or cheap as Unknown but quality is much better. I dont have many LCS options where im at.

I should really give Golden Apple's site a good look. I always forget about them when ordering books.

Great hauls @CinemaDeviant and @tridon here is a small one of mine. What was at LCS and they had some oldies for $2 each I picked up cuz I dug the covers.

View attachment 440658View attachment 440659View attachment 440660View attachment 440661

I'll always love older Marvel covers. Covers used to tell a story. Now they just seem character portraits -- something that you would've got off a trading card instead. That's why I've been enjoying Alex Ross' Immortal Hulk covers. They're telling stories while still looking like portraits. :hulk:

Just one newbie this week... House of X #1 variant from Clover Press. Really nice-looking issue featuring TMNT's Kevin Eastman doing Wolverine.

IMG_3906.JPG

nice score @tridon, i just finished my house of x read. thats a nice cover. i got the one with tons of characters on it. the full cover front n back. preorderd the psylocke variant fo rlike issue 3? 4? i cant recall. and one other at golden apple. gonna read these 6 for sure.

and i hear ya on the immortal hulks ... this recent one seems interesting, unless i missed some variant with rhino i noticed on the tvs hulk is looking at one has him face to face against rhino...... maybe an easter egg or nothing.

Thanks, @Wreck! The House/Powers of X variants are looking absolutely incredible! It's hard to hold back and not buy all of them. That Psylocke one that you ordered for #3 is awesome!

As for Immortal Hulk, I don't think Rhino is popping up, but I believe there's some kind of 'Spider-Man Villains' variant series running that month.

Reactions: CinemaDeviant
Scooped up some stuff on Ebay recently. I FINALLY completed my Phalanx Covenant and Fatal Attractions sets and picked up a cool Walking Dead #100 variant (I think this was one of the mystery polybagged ones).

IMG_7865.jpgIMG_7866.jpgIMG_7867.jpgIMG_7868.jpgIMG_7869.jpg