New Comic Book Day (NCBD) & Latest Pick Up Haul!

Hope my LCS survives as comics is kinda their bread and butter it seems but they are no true comic store by any stretch of the means. There is a more true comic store near me, closer in fact, but I like supporting this other store/business. More of a like a nerd toy store...

just a random thought ... had to organize some comics today to get basement clean.

did however buy some stuff while organizing ha.

Never read house of x but had 3 copies, needed the other 3 so i got those missing ones. @tridon

Reactions: tridon
Hope my LCS survives as comics is kinda their bread and butter it seems but they are no true comic store by any stretch of the means. There is a more true comic store near me, closer in fact, but I like supporting this other store/business. More of a like a nerd toy store...

just a random thought ... had to organize some comics today to get basement clean.

did however buy some stuff while organizing ha.

Never read house of x but had 3 copies, needed the other 3 so i got those missing ones. @tridon

I was truly enjoying House of X/Powers of X right up to -- I believe -- the fourth issue of House of X. That issue put the X-Men (and mutants in general) in a very disturbing spotlight and I don't think I'll be able to ever enjoy them again until there's a switch in status quo. After you read it, let me know if you can guess the spot that I'm talking about.

I'm in the same boat of hoping my LCS survives, too. We have two stores locally and the one that I go to is kinda like the one you go to -- it's more a music/toy/comic shop than a pure comic shop. The other one that I don't go to, that place is a pure shop, but it's ran by a complete moron. He'll likely survive, though, as he has one of the biggest online comic stores in Canada.

These are weird times, though. As soon as the news went out that all non-essential businesses were closing, I immediately called my LCS, gave him my credit card number, and cleaned out everything that I had on hold (even asked for some more stuff off of the shelves). Gotta help out the little guys.

Anyway, I need to desperately organize my comic collection, too. It's been way too long. I did all of my Wolverine boxes two weeks ago and that took a full day alone. Now I have around 8 short boxes left to go through that are full of misc. titles.