New Comic Book Day (NCBD) & Latest Pick Up Haul!

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
New Comic Book Day Haul!

1707E43C-37A1-4201-894E-B744113DFA3C.jpeg

AND LATEST PICK UP HAUL THREAD!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some of my latest. In the last couple of years I've started collecting Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate X-Men. There's a couple of first editions in the picture. Click on the pictures to see a larger photo.

DSC01935.jpg

I have 22 more boxes just like this one. Over 6,300 comics of all different material.

DSC01936.jpg

I've been collecting since I was 5 and I've just gradually over the years collected more and more. 38 years! Never have sold any of them. My X-Wife wanted me to sell them so bad because they were taking up a lot of space and I was like 'Hell No!'. One day when I have a grandson I'll give them all to him.

Glad to see that there are a few comic collectors here.

I am like Δc|Dc0ЯΞ in regards to long boxes, having over 35 of them plus 43 short boxes plus a couple of hundred TPB and Hardcovers. The majority are sitting in my crawl space but being 54, I am planning to get them out of there this year....don't want to do it when I am 60;)

My collecting ceased at the beginning of this year. I have gone digital for the sole reason of space or lack of. It is not the same as having the comic in my hands but it is something I am getting used to. Right now, I have about 1.2 Terabytes of digital comics.

Glad to see that there are a few comic collectors here.

I am like Δc|Dc0ЯΞ in regards to long boxes, having over 35 of them plus 43 short boxes plus a couple of hundred TPB and Hardcovers. The majority are sitting in my crawl space but being 54, I am planning to get them out of there this year....don't want to do it when I am 60;)

My collecting ceased at the beginning of this year. I have gone digital for the sole reason of space or lack of. It is not the same as having the comic in my hands but it is something I am getting used to. Right now, I have about 1.2 Terabytes of digital comics.

Wow, now that's a large collection. Most all of my collection is locked up in a climate controlled storage since I got divorced and I have no place else to store them. Not as large as yours but still a good size to say the least.

Very nice on your digital collection. With that many I wouldn't suspect that it's all on a tablet or something. What PC software do you use to view your digital collection? I'm using ComiXology on my iPad but i've been looking for a good PC based program too. What do you suggest?

Wow, now that's a large collection. Most all of my collection is locked up in a climate controlled storage since I got divorced and I have no place else to store them. Not as large as yours but still a good size to say the least.

Very nice on your digital collection. With that many I wouldn't suspect that it's all on a tablet or something. What PC software do you use to view your digital collection? I'm using ComiXology on my iPad but i've been looking for a good PC based program too. What do you suggest?

Only reason I have that many in my collection, is that one of my closest friends owned a comic shop and he gave me a ton of comics.

My digital collection is spread out on three external HD and on some DVDs. I only put what I want to read on my tablet. Takes me awhile to read them as I sit in front of a monitor all bloody day. No need to be reading when I am home. Use it mainly on the train on the way to work.

As for PC software, I am using ComicRack. It is the only one I have used and I quite like it. I have an older PC display (SVGA color display). I don't get eye strain or tired when using it.

What happens? idk

The X-Men fight the Avengers on the moon and while there, Iron Man sports some giant-ass mech armour (which was okay and not the bad part). The part that sucked was the ending when the Phoenix arrives to the moon and it turns out that it doesn't want Hope, it wants the X-Men. It possesses Cyclops, Emma Frost, Colossus, Namor and Majik and transforms them into the Phoenix Five... basically douchebag X-Men with ugly costumes. Reading the recent Marvel solicitations, it looks like they're going to stay that way right to the end now, so I'm less than amused (the X-Men are basically super-villains in this mini-series).

I just ordered the following

Avengers vs xmen #1 variant team avengers
Avengers vs xmen #6 variant team avengers
Invincible iron man #510 and #511