New Official Wireless Stereo Headset Coming for PS3

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Do you hear that sound? It’s the sound of the enemy approaching your bunker. Only you’ve heard them way before they’ve even seen you and now your commandos are ready to unload. What’s your advantage? It’s simple – the official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset – the latest addition to the PlayStation 3 accessories family.

5763459370_a4680418b1.jpg
5762913415_e6b8c5f6e3.jpg

The official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset will be available for $99.99 (MSRP) at retailers nationwide this September. Many more of your favorite franchises, such as Killzone and Gran Turismo, were also designed for surround sound audio. Featuring 7.1 virtual surround sound, the Wireless Stereo Headset lets you hear all the minor in-game audio clues clearly, whether you are in a firefight in a first-person shooter game or racing for the checkered flag.

Designed with comfort in mind for hours of gameplay, it’s the perfect addition to your PlayStation experience. Connecting the Wireless Stereo Headset with PS3 is made easy with the included USB Wireless Adapter. Precise volume controls and accessible microphone mute make it so you never have to interrupt gameplay to fumble for buttons. You can easily stay informed about battery status, sound controls, etc. with on-screen headset status updates. On top of that, the Wireless Stereo Headset also offers the highest quality voice chat for crystal clear online conversations. The mic is retractable so you can put it away if you just want to listen to music or play a single player game.

The Wireless Stereo Headset does not use Bluetooth. However, rather than having a large base station as with other products, it uses a small USB Adapter.

We’re very excited to be able to offer you yet another new way to get immersed in the game. Be sure to keep checking the Blog for more information soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
this will be nice and comfy for battlefield 3.... since im the guy who played 10 hours in a clip on weekends itll be nice to have this covering the ears instead of plastic protruding through them lol

Though I never chat I might get these to have the sound quality in loud enough for me. I don't like to blast my TV because I don't want to bother others in the house, these might work perfectly!

I am moving in November or December to an apartment close to work so I am picking this set as my Christmas gift that way I have no problems playing late at night! :p

Overstock just shipped my pair, cant wait to test these out.

PS3 - Wireless Stereo Headset

Write a review
1 $72.14 Shipped 09-06-2011

UPS *************

Just picked mine up the other day... I waited a few days to post any sort of review because I wanted to test them out...

I really like them. The "7.1" isn't amazing, since it isn't real, but they sound great! I've used them to play games, and to watch films on netflix and off my HDD.

My biggest need for the headphones was just loudness... lol. I always have an issue with wanting the TV to be louder, these solve that issue perfectly until I can afford a great, and overly expensive, surround sound system...

They feel really comfortable, they go completely around my ears block out a lot of ambient noise, which is another plus.

I don't know anything technical to say about them, as I don't know much about sound other than loud and bass... lol.

hey,
i just got myself this headset too.
they are good, not the greatest, sound was ok, no deep base, moderate. comfortable, my head is large, so these fit great, my ears didnt get sore like most other sets i have used. i am very happy :D

I have these and they rock. Late night gaming and online gaming with these is just awesome. Chat is fantastic too. I can game hours on end without them getting uncomfortable.

On full charge they give me about 6 hours of audio/chat (Im just guessing but its around there). I bought them and almost though about returning them thinking, eh, Im not gonna use em enough. But I was wrong!

I have these and they rock. Late night gaming and online gaming with these is just awesome. Chat is fantastic too. I can game hours on end without them getting uncomfortable.

On full charge they give me about 6 hours of audio/chat (Im just guessing but its around there). I bought them and almost though about returning them thinking, eh, Im not gonna use em enough. But I was wrong!

Ya I was rocking these with mw3 last night and it was awesome! But then the kids started beating each other up while the wifey was in the other room and I didnt hear them so I had to switch back to regular bluetooth and I was like :mad: