New PSP Entertainment Pack - Includes Rock Band Unplugged

Jan 29, 2009
Now you don’t need a tour bus to rock out on the road! Rock Band Unplugged, which we announced at the Destination PlayStation conference, just got even better. Not only will Rock Band Unplugged be exclusive to the PSP in 2009, it will also be part of the new Rock Band PSP Entertainment Pack. The Limited Edition Rock Band Unplugged PSP Entertainment Pack will include the Piano Black PSP-3000 system, a 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo, and a PSN downloadable movie voucher for School of Rock – a huge entertainment value for Rock Band fans and fanboys alike.

So, how does Rock Band Unplugged work on the PSP, you ask? For a quick first look at the game, check out the trailer below.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/309/0.75

Rock Band Unplugged creates a full band experience in the palm of your hand by combining key gameplay elements from both Rock Band and Rock Band 2, inclusive of familiar, as well as all-new songs. It introduces new and unique features specifically designed for the PSP, and will also leverage the system’s Wi-Fi capabilities through the first fully-featured in-game store for additional downloadable songs on the PSP. In short, your hands are the “peripherals” as you follow a challenging sequence of colors and lights, rotating between the lead/bass guitars, drums and vocals in an intense attempt to keep your respective instruments at the highest level possible. Simply tap on the D-pad and Face buttons to control each instrument, but keep in mind this is no easy feat!

In addition, Rock Band Unplugged will launch the following tracks exclusively on the PSP:

* 3 Doors Down - “Kryptonite”
* AFI - “Miss Murder”
* Alice in Chains - “Would?”
* Audioslave - “Gasoline”
* Black Tide - “Show Me the Way”
* Blink 182 - “What’s My Age Again”
* Freezepop - “Less Talk More Rokk”
* Jackson 5 - “ABC”
* Tenacious D - “Rock Your Socks”

3423489396_75389a99cc_o.jpg

For more information on Rock Band Unplugged and the Rock Band PSP Entertainment Pack, be sure to take a look at MTV Games’ announcement on the title, which was made today.

We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again — 2009 is going to be an impressive year for the PSP. For those of you who don’t own a PSP yet, now is the time. For those who currently own the PSP, we hope you enjoy!
3422682769_cece688cfd_o.jpg

Well this pretty much confirms no PSP2 until next year, they wouldn't release this and a New psp..

clear out stock with cheap bundles ;) besides..something tells me psp2/4k isnt launching at the current price.

this confirms a psp2 as much as it doesnt

that screen from rock band makes for a good touchscreen game too

clear out stock with cheap bundles ;) besides..something tells me psp2/4k isnt launching at the current price.

this confirms a psp2 as much as it doesnt

that screen from rock band makes for a good touchscreen game too

True, I will have to look at when they announced the psp3000 compared to the psp 2001 bundles coming out...

I just don't see the bundle coming out in june, then a new one being announced, its too close, maybe TGS.

True, I will have to look at when they announced the psp3000 compared to the psp 2001 bundles coming out...

I just don't see the bundle coming out in june, then a new one being announced, its too close, maybe TGS.

let me know what you find. i know e3 and a new psp for octoberish is what has happened for 2k and 3k..so i'm expecting the same here

PSP 3000 was announced in Leipzig, August 20th, 2008. And Released in October.

And the last PSP 2001 to be announced was Madden 2009 package in March for August, so I guess it lines up.

PSP 3000 was announced in Leipzig, August 20th, 2008. And Released in October.

And the last PSP 2001 to be announced was Madden 2009 package in March for August, so I guess it lines up.

lets hope theyre being forward thinking and if it really is touchscreen..to take advantage with games like rock band

Sony doesnt do it, like they used to, I'm very skeptical of everything now, until its finally announced... and usually Sony makes it lackluster..

normally i'd agree, but i get this feeling from them that this is the year they go back to old sony.

they've been too worried about blu-ray to properly focus on playstation. i think (and hope) thats all behind us now

normally i'd agree, but i get this feeling from them that this is the year they go back to old sony.

they've been too worried about blu-ray to properly focus on playstation. i think (and hope) thats all behind us now

I hope they prove me wrong this year, but I need to see it, to believe it.

Well it is Sony we are talking about here, they promise too much and never end up delivering half of what they said they were.

they ar very good at this. you just gotta know which to expect and which is pure bs. a lot of gamers fail at this :p

they ar very good at this. you just gotta know which to expect and which is pure bs. a lot of gamers fail at this :p

I think gamers fail at this more often because of the internet back in the PS2 days, the rumors were from the magazine, ah the good ole days.