New Rumor: Mass Effect Coming to PS3 : Mass Effect 2 MultiPlatform!

Jan 29, 2009
One of the biggest titles to hit the Xbox 360, Mass Effect, may see its sequels on the PlayStation 3. With Electronic Art's purchase of BioWare, the developer of Mass Effect, and EA's history of not limiting itself to one platform, it's kind of a no-brainer. Especially once you throw in a poor economy where every sale counts.

According to the Web site OnAxis, Michael Pachter, Managing Director of Entertainment Software and Retail Research at Wedbush Morgan Securities, said he believes that Mass Effect will not remain an Xbox 360 exclusive.

mass_effect.jpg

Speaking with a panel of others on Gametrailer's show Bonus Round, Pachter commented, "Trust me, Electronic Arts, when they threw out the number 300 million...that is multiplatform, that is not 360 only." And when asked if Mass Effect 2 will come to the PS3, he said, "It has to, has to. And you know, I wouldn't be shocked if Mass Effect 1 came to PS3."

An EA rep responded saying, "The rumor regarding Mass Effect being developed for PS3 is inaccurate," which isn't exactly a denial.

Last edited:
Actually EA upper Management has stated before all this that it would be inevitable to keep Mass Effect Xbox 360 only. Game was too successful to keep it only for one console.

Mass Effect coming to PS3?

There’s been a lot of speculation about whether or not BioWare will release a PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect. During an interview with CVG, BioWare CEO Ray Muzyka certainly did not rule out a PS3 version of the popular RPG.

“I think a more accurate way to frame it is to say we’ve announced we’re developing Mass Effect for 360 and PC. Right from the beginning we said we wanted to deliver Mass Effect on the 360. Right now all we’ve announced is we’re working on 360 and PC,” Muzyka said.

When asked if a PS3 version might happen, he replied, “We haven’t announced anything on that front.”

Without making any official announcement about a PS3 version, he certainly did not say ‘no’ to the possibility Mass Effect may indeed land on Sony’s console.

That's good news I guess, the game makes money I don't see why they are so adamant to keep it on the 360. The game would sell like crazy. Not to rain down on the parade here, but your 360 file will actually impact the new games, all your decisions made on the first will reflect on your crew and the planet in ME2 :) just fyi!

maybe there seeing a mistake now cause the way they tied in 1 and 2 with game save they are wishing they had 1 on ps3 to.now they are probally saying should we make masseffect 1 downloadble for ps3 so we can get all the extra stuff.