Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Spawn

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Director: Todd McFarlane

Cast: Jamie Foxx, Jeremy Renner

Plot: NYPD detective Twitch Williams investigates a series of grisly murder scenes, perpetrated by the mysterious supernatural vigilante Spawn.

Attachments

• 2737224-1s.jpg
    2737224-1s.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 771
From IMDB:
With:

Trailer:
Not yet...

What's up Ninjas! Looks like Todd McFarlane is finally getting around to making another SPAWN film. I hope this is true! :scat:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=108206

Although the project has been teased for years, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane is claiming that a new take on his Image Comics antihero could be in front of cameras as early as next year.

The thing that keeps slowing it down is that the negotiation Ive done is I write, produce, direct," McFarlane tells The Gate (via The Hollywood Reporter), "but Ive got to push a lot of my other endeavors off to the side so I can just get tunnel vision on it. And so everybody at my company is now going, We've got to find Todd the time to finish all this.

He goes on to say that the film is looking at a 60-70 day shoot and reiterates his previous claims that the project will differ greatly from big screen version released by New Line Cinema in 1997.

"Its not going to be a giant budget [film] with a lot of special effects," he says. "Its going to be more of a horror movie and a thriller movie, not a superhero one."

"Spawn," which launched as a solo-series in 1992, follows the adventures of Al Simmons, an assassin who, after being murdered, returns to the world as a Hellspawn, a demonic undead creature powered by necroplasm.

Excellent. Although, how significant is Spawn nowadays? When the first film came out, comics were a lot more popular and Spawn was a lot more popular. But oh well, just glad a decent Spawn film will be made (hopefully).

Reactions: bloodsnake007
I hope they have more budget for the effects, as the last movie had *horrible* CGI, even for the time.

Also, I hope they don't use the hard rock/techno music. Dramatic classical music fits it better.

Wow a bit of dislike for the original movie EEK! :hilarious: damn I thought it was & still is a great film & the CGI was far from horrible for its time... can think of a hell of allot worst around that time! & what a thumping sound track! :scat:

Enjoyed the first , can't wait for the reboot , been a huge fan of spawn for years .

Been looking it up and a lot of talk of Jamie foxx playing spawn.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Next Spawn Movie Will Not Be Superhero or Action Film, McFarlane Says (via Comicbook)

spawn-featured-photo-gallery-169822.jpg

Todd McFarlane is going full steam ahead on a new Spawn movie, but it's going to be very different from any interpretation of the character seen before. In an exclusive interview with ComicBook.com at Toy Fair New York, McFarlane revealed his new take on the film. He has finished the screenplay, and is currently editing it down before shopping it around Hollywood.

McFarlane opened up for the first time about the type of movie he's hoping to make, and it's a new take on Spawn altogether. Of course, the movie will be "a hard R," he assures fans, but he said it won't be a superhero, or even an action movie.

"I'd put it more into horror/suspense/supernatural genre," McFarlane told ComicBook. "If you take the movie The Departed meets Paranormal Activity, something like that."

The goal is to make Spawn as a character something entirely unique in the world of the new film.

"In the background, there’s this thing moving around, this boogeyman. That boogeyman just happens to be something that you and I, intellectually, know is Spawn," he explained. "Will he look like he did in the first movie? No. Will he have a supervillain he fights? No. He’s going to be the spectre, the ghost."

He likens Spawn's presence in the new movie to that of the lurking evil in Japanese horror films (and their Hollywood remakes) like The Grudge or The Ring.

"I think they all work because there’s only one thing in the movie that’s not normal. There’s not five things, there’s one thing that’s the boogeyman. So that’ll be Spawn," he said. "He’s this thing that just whooshes in, this ghost that moves and will f*** you up if you’re in the wrong place in the wrong time, and the rest of the movie will look real, and be this real drama. He’s just this ghost, this thing behind it."

It's a take on the character, moving even farther from the superhero comics that birthed it, that McFarlane has been wanting to explore for awhile, but it also has a practical application.

"Basically, I can make this version of the movie on a budget without crazy special effects," he said with a slight chuckle. "I want to keep it small, keep it tight, so they'll let me direct it!"

Todd McFarlane Is Finished with New Spawn Movie Script (via Comicbook)

spawn-250-jock-variant--117494.jpg

Todd McFarlane has been talking about a new Spawn movie for a few years now, but he told ComicBook.com in an exclusive interview that 2016 is the year he makes it happen. At Toy Fair New York, McFarlane sat down and talked toys, branching out, and his first love, Spawn.

"I've finished the script, and I'm in the process of editing," McFarlane told ComicBook when asked for an update. "It's 183 pages, and [producers] usually like 120. I still think it's going to end up being about 140, because I'm putting in details for myself."

That's because McFarlane also hopes to direct the film, so he's writing the script as "a director's script." The trimming is still necessary so he can get it to "a spot where I can walk this into Hollywood and start hooking the actors," he said.

The writer/artist/creator/toy magnate wants to direct the film, and is trying to keep the budget low because of it.

"I want to keep it small, keep it tight, so they'll let me direct it!" he said. His goal is to see production start in 2016. "I need to get him back up on the big screen again to make him relevant in a big way, which we will do," he said.

McFarlane will also be releasing his first Spawn action figure in a few years, as part of his new "Color Tops" line, which will see waves of figures from different brands like Gears of War and Assassin's Creed released alongside his own Spawn and his popular The Walking Dead figures.

“I’m curious to see what happens when we go, ‘Spawn’s back and there’s only one,’ to see if we can get a little stampede, get people interested,” he said of the new figure.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Todd McFarlane Shares Completed SPAWN Script (via Screengeek)

"It’s been 20 years since the live-action Spawn movie made its release, and after years of claims and promises, it seems that a reboot is finally going to get somewhere.

Image Comics co-founder and creator of the 90’s comic icon Todd McFarlane has revealed that a final draft of the script has been completed the way he wants it. Originally 180 pages, the trimmed 136 seems much more doable for a Hollywood film to be made with.

The next step according to McFarlane is to find the right studio to claim the rights, with 14 people in Hollywood already in discussion with the process as of now. He also hopes to get an official announcement in time for San Diego Comic Con in July involving production companies, a starting film date, and something more concrete regarding the actual production of a new Spawn film.

You can check out the update video by Todd himself below:

The original Spawn was released under New Line Cinemas and starred Michael Jai White, John Leguizamo and Martin Sheen. It was subject to heavy criticism despite its box office success of $87.8 million to its $40 million budget. A large issue was lack of creative control from Todd himself, which he has since addressed multiple times he hopes to hold firmer with this time around.

While we still got a long way before anything else is even remotely confirmed with a new movie, the fact that a structured script being completed is a significant step. Let’s hope this can go smoothly from there and see a return of a badass indie icon.

Our next hope is an update on the Spawn animated series, which still holds itself just as restrained."

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18 and Asopp
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database