New to the site? Welcome & tag a mod!

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
hdn_banner test.jpg

Hello new ninjas!

New to the site and have a question?

Tag "New Ninja" welcome mod @Iron Man and @Noodles , by adding the @ in front of their names.

When you're in different forums, you can also tag members with a 'Contributor", "Super Moderator" or "Moderator" banner under their username.

We all started somewhere, so don't be afraid to ask any questions!

Welcome again to hidefninja.com, and have fun exploring the site and collecting!

:ninja:

DIgitalbabe
Staff/Community Manager

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Noodles thank you for the welcome. Can't seem to make a comment on one of the sale/trade posts. Is there something I need to do before I can write on there?

Hi @Noodles thank you for the welcome. Can't seem to make a comment on one of the sale/trade posts. Is there something I need to do before I can write on there?
Hi @Blucray. I'm afraid you need 20 non-spam posts to comment and/or take part in the sales section.

There's plenty of cool and interesting threads on here to start up a discussion or add your 2 cents to though, so you should be there in no time! :)

Reactions: Blucray
Hi @Blucray. I'm afraid you need 20 non-spam posts to comment and/or take part in the sales section.

There's plenty of cool and interesting threads on here to start up a discussion or add your 2 cents to though, so you should be there in no time! :)

Does that include putting in offers via PM is restricted too Noodles?

Does that include putting in offers via PM is restricted too Noodles?
Obviously we can't stop people from doing that, but for your safety we recommend not making deals through PM and instead to do it the proper way by making a thread for any sales/transactions in case anything goes wrong with the seller and you're left item-less and out of pocket -- I believe we can only really help with the situation if the evidence is there for us all to see (in a sales thread).

Honestly, I don't usually have much to do with the marketplace, so I'll tag the Admins who should hopefully be able to provide better info regarding this. :)

@apsmith21 @digitalbabe @Wreck

Welcome to the forum @Blucray! Great to have you here! Noodles is correct, we don’t recommend doing any trades via PM for your own protection. There is nothing the staff can do to help you if the deal goes wrong. We want you to have a great experience here so we always advise any deals to be done as publically as possible with a sales thread created. This is to ensure both you and the other person are happy and it’s a smooth deal.

I see you already have 4 posts, only a few more and you will have access to the trading section where you can buy/ sell and trade with other ninjas! If you have any other questions just give me or one of the mods a shout. Enjoy your time on the forum!:)

I echo what our folks have said-we know there are private offers happening. But though 1000’s of transactions have occurred unscathed at HDN over many years, there have also been a few people trying to scam people out of their hard-earned money. I would always post a public thread for any transaction in the “Active Trades” area so that there is transparency, and never send personal Paypal payments as they’re not protected by the same Paypal policies. If you experience any trouble please contact a Mod for assistance-scamming is not tolerated at HDN. Enjoy the site @Blucray !

Reactions: Blucray