New to the site? Welcome & tag a mod!

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
hdn_banner test.jpg

Hello new ninjas!

New to the site and have a question?

Tag "New Ninja" welcome mod @Iron Man and @Noodles , by adding the @ in front of their names.

When you're in different forums, you can also tag members with a 'Contributor", "Super Moderator" or "Moderator" banner under their username.

We all started somewhere, so don't be afraid to ask any questions!

Welcome again to hidefninja.com, and have fun exploring the site and collecting!

:ninja:

DIgitalbabe
Staff/Community Manager

Last edited by a moderator:
@r.amghar Every couple of days, you ask the same in a different thread, although members would have already answered you.

If their answer(s) were not correct, someone (mod or experienced member) would have stepped in and offered a correction.

Since you joined you act like you're entitled to some special treatment and demand things as if you were some sort of diva. There comes a point when enough is enough.

You need help or assistance? Then try the courteous way going forward.

@r.amghar Every couple of days, you ask the same in a different thread, although members would have already answered you.

If their answer(s) were not correct, someone (mod or experienced member) would have stepped in and offered a correction.

Since you joined you act like you're entitled to some special treatment and demand things as if you were some sort of diva. There comes a point when enough is enough.

You need help or assistance? Then try the courteous way going forward.
No, also I just figured it out thanks

Hey guys, I’m quite new in collecting steelbooks and I found this forum and as far as I see you’ll doing an amazing job in providing ppl access to some special steels for a reasonable price
Hopefully I’ll be able to get some of them too

Reactions: Noodles
Hey guys, I’m quite new in collecting steelbooks and I found this forum and as far as I see you’ll doing an amazing job in providing ppl access to some special steels for a reasonable price

Welcome.

Great to have you with us! :)

Reactions: Nightmarez
Morning all! Long time lurker of many years here, I've been shamelessly pillaging the site for steelbook news & info but I thought it was finally time to stop being so rude and register. Looking forward to getting involved and jumping on some group buys. Cheers :thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles and jasong
Morning all! Long time lurker of many years here, I've been shamelessly pillaging the site for steelbook news & info but I thought it was finally time to stop being so rude and register. Looking forward to getting involved and jumping on some group buys. Cheers :thumbs:
Hi and welcome. :)

Welcome.

Welcome aboard! :thumbs:

Hello!

Been lurking quite a bit on this site since last year and decided I should finally register! After years and years of putting off Blu-rays (as my DVD collection was "good enough"), I finally bit the bullet this fall. Completely overhauled my viewing setup and decided to start working on upgrading my collection to Blu-ray & 4K UHD. Once I found out about steelbooks, I knew I'd be spending a lot more on this upgrade process then I initially intended
:)
but it's been worth it. I'm a sucker for the shelf-uniformity that they provide, and they definitely add an additional "premium" quality to collecting physical media.

I'm currently ISO quite a few steels to complete my collection, and have two quick questions about the trading forum (which I'm sure have been asked tons of times, but I tried digging around and couldn't find the answers, so apologies for being "that guy"):

> What do I need to do to earn posting privileges in the trading forum?
> Once I've earned those privileges, am I allowed to start a thread for myself that is entirely/mostly ISO, or are member threads there specifically for folks that are selling/trading?

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to spending more time here!

@Sigill
@Noodles

Reactions: Sigill and Noodles
Hello from Singapore! I just joined. I recently renovated my living room ( = got a new 4K TV and blu-ray player ) and am naturally being attracted to the 4K releases. I have been eyeing the Dredd 4K steelbook Bestbuy exclusive but no idea how to buy it from here in Singapore. And then Google led me to hidefninja. I have read up on the group buys by @apsmith21 and hoping to participate if it's possible! Appreciate everyone's guidance! : ) @Sigill @Noodles

@thegrandfacade

Welcome.

You need 20 non-spammy public posts across the forum, for the steel trading section to unlock for you.

So go ahead, participate in chats and discussions across the various sections, or maybe just the steel section, whatever, and you'll get those 20 in no time. Then keep on posting some more. :p

While you can start up a search thread afterwards, subject to approval, I'd recommend you opt instead for posting in the "looking for a steel" thread, which you can find at the link below:

That will get your post more eyeballs and therefore higher odds to find what you want.

You'll also want to brush up on the trading guidelines found at the link below:

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/steelbook™-trading-rules-guidelines-tips-with-helpful-links-must-read-for-new-members.7531/

Holler if you need help.

@Halian

Welcome.

Check this thread out if you haven't yet, a handy how-to by our own @Actarus :

As for DREDD steel itself, the group buy hosted by Andy is still open, so once you're familiar with the thread above, you can go right ahead and purchase. Make sure you read what's indicated under the "overview" tab:

• Friendly
Reactions: Actarus
@Halian

Welcome.

Check this thread out if you haven't yet, a handy how-to by our own @Actarus :

As for DREDD steel itself, the group buy hosted by Andy is still open, so once you're familiar with the thread above, you can go right ahead and purchase. Make sure you read what's indicated under the "overview" tab:

Thank you so much for this! I can't wait to finish work for today and start exploring the forum! :)

Hello from Singapore! I just joined. I recently renovated my living room ( = got a new 4K TV and blu-ray player ) and am naturally being attracted to the 4K releases. I have been eyeing the Dredd 4K steelbook Bestbuy exclusive but no idea how to buy it from here in Singapore. And then Google led me to hidefninja. I have read up on the group buys by @apsmith21 and hoping to participate if it's possible! Appreciate everyone's guidance! : ) @Sigill @Noodles

Welcome!

Reactions: Halian
Hello!

Been lurking quite a bit on this site since last year and decided I should finally register! After years and years of putting off Blu-rays (as my DVD collection was "good enough"), I finally bit the bullet this fall. Completely overhauled my viewing setup and decided to start working on upgrading my collection to Blu-ray & 4K UHD. Once I found out about steelbooks, I knew I'd be spending a lot more on this upgrade process then I initially intended
:)
but it's been worth it. I'm a sucker for the shelf-uniformity that they provide, and they definitely add an additional "premium" quality to collecting physical media.

I'm currently ISO quite a few steels to complete my collection, and have two quick questions about the trading forum (which I'm sure have been asked tons of times, but I tried digging around and couldn't find the answers, so apologies for being "that guy"):

> What do I need to do to earn posting privileges in the trading forum?
> Once I've earned those privileges, am I allowed to start a thread for myself that is entirely/mostly ISO, or are member threads there specifically for folks that are selling/trading?

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to spending more time here!

@Sigill
@Noodles

Welcome to you both! Great to have you here. :)

@thegrandfacade

Welcome.

You need 20 non-spammy public posts across the forum, for the steel trading section to unlock for you.

So go ahead, participate in chats and discussions across the various sections, or maybe just the steel section, whatever, and you'll get those 20 in no time. Then keep on posting some more. :p

While you can start up a search thread afterwards, subject to approval, I'd recommend you opt instead for posting in the "looking for a steel" thread, which you can find at the link below:

That will get your post more eyeballs and therefore higher odds to find what you want.

You'll also want to brush up on the trading guidelines found at the link below:

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/steelbook™-trading-rules-guidelines-tips-with-helpful-links-must-read-for-new-members.7531/

Holler if you need help.
Really appreciate the info / tips!

Hi all, thanks for allowing me to join.

Used to collect steelbooks and special editions about 10 years ago, and then moved to Asia and left my collection in storage....now back and will raid my storage locker to see what I have.

Found the site by stalking @cooey (sorry Cooey) actually, whom I believe used to be on another similar forum back in the day and who is also a member of another forum I belong to.

Looking forward to reinvigorating the collection

@Noodles
@Sigill

Reactions: cooey and Noodles