New to the site? Welcome & tag a mod!

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
hdn_banner test.jpg

Hello new ninjas!

New to the site and have a question?

Tag "New Ninja" welcome mod @Iron Man and @Noodles , by adding the @ in front of their names.

When you're in different forums, you can also tag members with a 'Contributor", "Super Moderator" or "Moderator" banner under their username.

We all started somewhere, so don't be afraid to ask any questions!

Welcome again to hidefninja.com, and have fun exploring the site and collecting!

:ninja:

DIgitalbabe
Staff/Community Manager

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, thanks for allowing me to join.

Used to collect steelbooks and special editions about 10 years ago, and then moved to Asia and left my collection in storage....now back and will raid my storage locker to see what I have.

Found the site by stalking @cooey (sorry Cooey) actually, whom I believe used to be on another similar forum back in the day and who is also a member of another forum I belong to.

Looking forward to reinvigorating the collection

@Noodles
@Sigill
Welcome to HDN! Pleasure to have you with us. :)

Are you referring to the old The Import Forums (TIF) by any chance? If so, that's also where my collecting days begun and how I met Matt and the gang. :D

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your collection! :thumbs:

Reactions: cooey
Welcome to HDN! Pleasure to have you with us. :)

Are you referring to the old The Import Forums (TIF) by any chance? If so, that's also where my collecting days begun and how I met Matt and the gang. :D

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your collection! :thumbs:
Ah yes that was it! :smuggrin: Been wracking my brain (as limited as it is) for the name....I also did set up a DVD collection page but cannot for the life of me remember where that is either lol

Just remembered it was Invelos...and discovered it's still live! Apparently there are 413 dvds in there.....but I may have sold some so need to check.

Last edited:
Reactions: cooey
Ah yes that was it! :smuggrin: Been wracking my brain (as limited as it is) for the name....I also did set up a DVD collection page but cannot for the life of me remember where that is either lol

Just remembered it was Invelos...
Haha ditto! Think I stopped using that once Blu-ray came around though.

Hi all, thanks for allowing me to join.

Used to collect steelbooks and special editions about 10 years ago, and then moved to Asia and left my collection in storage....now back and will raid my storage locker to see what I have.

Found the site by stalking @cooey (sorry Cooey) actually, whom I believe used to be on another similar forum back in the day and who is also a member of another forum I belong to.

Looking forward to reinvigorating the collection

@Noodles
@Sigill

Welcome, thanks for joining!

Hey gang! New guy here! New to steelbooks and collecting them. I took some time off from building a blu ray collection a few years ago when kids came along. Not sure how I missed the whole steelbook think, but I am back to collecting media and looking forward to building a 4K collection (hopefully mostly in steelbooks!).

I found my way from r/steelbooks looking at a group buy for Interstellar! Any good resources here on how to join a group buy?

Cheers!

Reactions: Noodles
Hey gang! New guy here! New to steelbooks and collecting them. I took some time off from building a blu ray collection a few years ago when kids came along. Not sure how I missed the whole steelbook think, but I am back to collecting media and looking forward to building a 4K collection (hopefully mostly in steelbooks!).

I found my way from r/steelbooks looking at a group buy for Interstellar! Any good resources here on how to join a group buy?

Cheers!

Welcome to HDN.

Check this thread

Interstellar release thread is here

Reactions: txag007
Welcome to HDN.

Check this thread

Interstellar release thread is here

Thank you very much! I will take a look through both.

Reactions: IRON MAN

Cheers!
Greetings! Pleasure to have you here. :)

Hello @Sigill and @Noodles ,

I need to attach a file to a conversation, but have been unable to get the "Attach files" button to appear. I reviewed the instructions in the FAQ Thread, but I haven't been able to get the "Attach files" button to ever appear in conversations like it does when responding to threads like this. Any ideas? Thank you for reviewing!

I need to attach a file to a conversation, but have been unable to get the "Attach files" button to appear. I reviewed the instructions in the FAQ Thread, but I haven't been able to get the "Attach files" button to ever appear in conversations like it does when responding to threads like this. Any ideas? Thank you for reviewing!
Hi Arnold. I'm not sure why that would be... there should definitely be an "Attach files" button in conversations, just as there is in public threads such as this one. Can you describe what you do see in its place? Is it just a blank space?

Maybe @apsmith21 can offer an explanation or solution?

Hi Arnold. I'm not sure why that would be... there should definitely be an "Attach files" button in conversations, just as there is in public threads such as this one. Can you describe what you do see in its place? Is it just a blank space?

Maybe @apsmith21 can offer an explanation or solution?

It's a feature we only enable for the premium members of the site. Regular members don't have access to attach a file.

Screenshots of images etc work fine however.

• Informative
It's a feature we only enable for the premium members of the site. Regular members don't have access to attach a file.

Screenshots of images etc work fine however.
Wasn't aware of that, obviously lol. Is it a change that was made recently?

Wasn't aware of that, obviously lol. Is it a change that was made recently?

Oh no that's been that way forever. I'm trying to remember exactly when - got to be at least a few years. There was some discussion a long way back about adding benefit to the premium membership level beyond what was obvious at the time (the dedicated board, steelbook exclusives, etc) and this was one of the features decided on.

If I remember to check, I'll take a look at what else premium members might be able to do and report back (it's based on their permissions for being premium).

Oh no that's been that way forever. I'm trying to remember exactly when - got to be at least a few years. There was some discussion a long way back about adding benefit to the premium membership level beyond what was obvious at the time (the dedicated board, steelbook exclusives, etc) and this was one of the features decided on.

If I remember to check, I'll take a look at what else premium members might be able to do and report back (it's based on their permissions for being premium).
Interesting! I guess no one's ever questioned me about it until now, so I never gave it any thought. Makes sense to limit the feature to Prems only though, now that I think about it.

Hi everyone, I came across this site and massively interested in the awesome steel-books and community here. Will be joining a few group buys for sure!