NewSight's 70-inch 3DTV

Apr 18, 2010
ky
NewSight's 70-inch 3DTV keeps the glasses away with its parallax barrier tech

Last week's Finetech Japan 2010 expo allowed display manufacturers to show and tell each other about their latest innovations and advancements. One of the unquestioned highlights was NewSight's implementation of parallax barrier technology on displays up to 70 inches in size. The company is claiming its demo unit as the world's largest glasses-free 3D screen, but regrettably deprives us of any further details.
Link

19apr10paral935newsight.jpg

so what do u think bout this new tech??

i agree im not looking forward to 3d tvs.... id rather they just keep working on making the blacks darker and the colors brighter imo

i agree im not looking forward to 3d tvs.... id rather they just keep working on making the blacks darker and the colors brighter imo

OLED is the future, but until they don't make anything bigger than 7.4 inches and a price tag of 3500 they can forget about people buying them :)

I still don't know about this whole 3D thing. Sometimes it looks cool and sometimes it is awful. I would much rather have an enormous TV or projection screen that takes up an entire wall in my house and has amazing resolution.

I think it's worth it just for those movies that are shot in 3D. I love the gimmick and I've loved 3D movies since the first one I saw (Friday the 13th 3D). Ima bit of a gimmick ****.

Avatar's quality 3D will be the death of 3D.

EVERYONE is expecting Avatar quality 3D and it's not going to happen. MOST of the movies aren't even shot in 3D that are shown in 3D.

I don't expect every 3D movie to be of the same quality. And I know not all movies are going to be shot in 3D. I'm just saying, if they're going to come out with a movie that's 3D, it better be great quality. If not, I'm not gonna waste my time on it and I'll just watch the regular version.

3D is impossible without showing 2 different things to the eyes, hence the glasses. So its obvious with this TV in the OP the changing is being done as the picture leaves the tv so no glasses are needed. It almost looks as if their is something infront of the screen. Like basically a 70 inch film/plastic coating something attached.