Next item your looking at buying whenever you do...

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Receiver ? or Upgrade Receiver?

Tower speakers? (fronts) upgrades?

Rears ?

Center Channel?

Sub?

TV ?

Another BD player?

accessories ? components? You name it! What is it?

Next upgrade will be all new speakers. Got a Polk Audio sattelite speaker box set right now. It sounds great as it is, but as an upgrade I want to get all tower speakers and new center channel. And new sub. But that probably won't be for a while LOL

Well for now I am looking into buying new speakers for my room, as far as the HT on my living room it is staying the same unless we move to a new home if that ends up happening I will invest in one of those Marantz receivers :scat:

i have an 42'' LCD and i'd enjoy to make move to Plasma in the size of 55''...i just think I'd enjoy my Blu-ray's a little bit more with bigger picture......only a dream for now.

Need to upgrade my whole 7.1 speakers. Currently have Polks and want to get some new towers, rears, center and the other two to make it 7 lol. I'm good on the subs. Hopefully I can make that upgrade by the end of the year

Still undecided on the receiver and power center. Been looking at some speakers as well.

Anyone know where the Klipsch reference series fall at in the speaker range?

Really good.....Middle.....low end? I've heard really good things about them.

I guess what I mean is. Where do they rate on the consumer speaker scale.

Klipsch in general fall into a good comparison of Polk Audio.

A good way to learn about model lines and which are better of each brand is actually checking out their actual sites. Its a quick way to get familiar with what model are the best of each brand and so on.

Klipsch are better than polk, and then theres one above klipsch, but i can't remember who. I'd have to look into the reference series, to see if its the their lower series, it if is the best polks are going to sound just like it.

Post a link to the speakers u want via bestbuy's site, and i can tell u right off the bat.

Polk are usually meatier, where as Klipsch hits hard, but stays clean and doesnt crush the sound..

thunda,really go out and hear the speaker for yourself...

you just might be disappointed with Klipsch with there horn design speaker,people have different tastes in sounds and there too bright for my liking once you get the volume level up high...plus im quite sure there has to be sweet spot you have to sit in to really hear them

Klipsch are better than polk, and then theres one above klipsch, but i can't remember who. I'd have to look into the reference series, to see if its the their lower series, it if is the best polks are going to sound just like it.

Post a link to the speakers u want via bestbuy's site, and i can tell u right off the bat.

Polk are usually meatier, where as Klipsch hits hard, but stays clean and doesnt crush the sound..

Your a klipsch fan because you worked at BB where they are all about klipsch :p

The best polk is not worse then the low-end klipsch and vice versa ... its back and forth with them ... find the price range you want to spend, see what is offered by both ... hear them out... make a decision. Keep in mind tho too, Polk & Klipsch are still considered entry-level audio for HT enthusiasts ... once you feel the need to upgrade those to the HIGH end brands ... you just became an audiophile :p

Um. In reguards to Klipsch ........ If you need to have proof of how good they are, just check out their THX Ultra 2 series. It's hard to "put down" anything that's installed in "Stag Theater" at Skywalker Ranch. :cool:

Your a klipsch fan because you worked at BB where they are all about klipsch :p

The best polk is not worse then the low-end klipsch and vice versa ... its back and forth with them ... find the price range you want to spend, see what is offered by both ... hear them out... make a decision. Keep in mind tho too, Polk & Klipsch are still considered entry-level audio for HT enthusiasts ... once you feel the need to upgrade those to the HIGH end brands ... you just became an audiophile :p

Nope, that's not why, I was actually a POLK guy at BB, until one guy came in with acoustic guitars and a bass on a music cd, and asked to hear the difference in the speakers.

The Klipsch blew away the Polk, and like I siad the Polk smashed the sound as the Klipsch didn't. (This was on the tower speakers, not bookshelf, as that is a completely different area of speaker.)

Well, it's very early in my search for audio equipment. I'm looking at getting a receiver, power center, universal remote and then starting out with a 3.1 system (2 floorstanding, center, sub) and then adding in rears later on as I don't really have room for them right now.

I've started looking at Klipsch and Polk and then will broaden my search beyond those 2. But, since I don't really have any stores near me to listen to speakers etc. I wanna have a good idea as to which brands and line with in the brands to listen when I make my way to stores.

The Klipsch series is the reference series. I can remember the exact numbers off the top of my head but I think the floorstanding are the rf-82 or 83 (~ $500 each tower on amazon). The sub and center are also ~$500 each on amazon as well. I know less about the Polk's as to which line is similar to the klipsch price range.

I'm looking at the Monster HD power center, and a logitech Harmony One universal remote and that is about all I know right now. I like your opinions and suggestions because I can't go out and test the speakers as the nearest store is 2.5 hours away. I just wanna have a good idea as to what to listen to when I get there.

What Universal remote are you looking to buy by any chance? because I have a brand new Logitech 880 and I want to get rid of it. Let me know.

You didn't read through that whole story I wrote did you. lol. I'm looking at getting the logitech harmony One. Have read alot of good reviews on it.